PDA

View Full Version : HELP! she wont poo!

HELP! she wont poo!

RainbowMary
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Right I've been gone for a few weeks and a friend has been feeding my corn.......and she hasn't "gone" for 4 weeks theres nothing under the aspen or anything no urine nothing!, I'm getting worried, so as soon as I got back (yesterday) the first thing I tried was soaking her yet I don't have a thermometer, I tried soaking her in (elbow tested) luke warm water because I know warm to us can be like 100f, either way I put her in and she freaked I've never seen her move so fast so I don't know if that was obviously too hot or cold but either way she did NOT want to be in it, then I tried a slightly different temperature and for 3 seconds she was still, took a big drink...then wanted to be out again! now I'm worried I might of harmed her if it was too hot or cold, can someone give me a rough idea of how warm or cold it should feel, I really want to bath her because I'll feel much better if I see her at least excrete once.

MerlinsPop
02-09-2008, 09:07 AM
no no... don't worry. The most difficult thing I've done with mine is getting them IN a soaking tub and getting the lid shut without a head or tail getting pinched. That's way harder than administering oral medications or giving an injection, IMO.

Better to have a thermometer, but the water should feel slightly cool to you. Snake will freak for about a minute or two, then just sit there annoyed after it realizes that 1) it ain't getting out, and 2) it can hold its head up to breath okay.

Give it a good 10 minutes, 15 is better and the chances are at least 50/50 you'll get a poop.

alan
02-09-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't want to appear rude, but are you sure she ate when you were gone? When my snake "has to go" or has not yet expelled her last meal she shows an obvious bulge. It may not be obvious to someone else, but in our house we all know what it looks like and what it means.

RainbowMary
02-09-2008, 10:03 AM
thats the thing, I've been on the phone every time my friend fed her and apparently she took it fine, and theres no regurge anywhere, and I can't see why she'd lie to me.....either way she's back in my care now so she'll be fed tonight, and soaked in a few days and I'll keep everyone updated

CALIVIK
02-10-2008, 06:19 AM
I would try taking her out in the yard & let her move around in the grass. When I have felt mine hasn't 'went' I do this & w/in mins they go. A poster (Velvet) here taught me this trick & it really works. Also maybe let her run around on the carpet a bit. I did this w/ Grason, he was having trouble & had a quite large bulge & it took 10 - 15mins of him moving around to get him to go. So maybe that would help. :shrugs: Shoot I hope that helps :(

bitsy
02-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I would try taking her out in the yard & let her move around in the grass.

In this instance I think that's a technique better left for the UK summer.

Winter in London sure ain't the same as winter in California - she's more likely to catch a head cold than poop! :rofl:

ratsncorns
02-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Is your snake a hatchling? I ask because their urates can be really hard to see, especially if you house them on aspen. Every time I have hatchlings, I have to really dig around before I find the white urates. Some weeks I can't even find anything. As soon as you bump up from pinkies to fuzzies, it is much easier to find.