PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum help please....

New to the forum help please....

Buk N A
02-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey all I wish I had joined the site on better terms and my first post was an introduction but i found this site after doing a search for Regurge info....To give you some basic info the corn is a "normal ghost" tan/purplish in color he is about 17inches long, and VERY shy and not to active. (but ive only had him 3weeks now as of friday so I think he is just adjusting to his new home). He ate the day I bought him to make sure he was eating before I took him home. And he eat again 5 days later on the following friday (no problems). however I feed him last saturday morning and on wensday night after returning from work there was a FULL pinky in his cage next to his second hide. it is now time to feed again. Should I feed him or is there something i should be doing at this point to help the little guy out? Im kinda new to this.

Tank spec's: the Tank is HUGE the mom&pop store I bought him from said that was more then enough to last him till he was roughly 3 feet long. and from what i understand is about 1 year. ok back on topic he has a tree branch type thing he can climb to the top of the cage if he watchs and the bottom makes for a perfect hide (purchased at the pet store). he has a hollowed out 1/2 log as a second hide(where he spends most of his time), and a water dish. the cage is lined with a sawdust like material not woodchips until he is alittle bigger. the temp on the hot side of the tank NEVER goes passed 87F and ont he cold side never goes below 72F he has a basking light as well to help him digest his food. but he never leaves the log hide unless its to handle him(I always wait at least 2 days after feeding to handle him).

Is there something Im doing wrong? something I should be doing? should I keep to his regular feeding sched. of every 5-7 days? :confused:

Thanks in advance
-Garrett

Maize411
02-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Read this and it should tell you step by step of what the next measures to take are..good luck to you...

Read this: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548801&postcount=2

Gralena
02-12-2008, 07:57 AM
My baby did the same thing as yours, regurged on his second feeding with me. Follow the above instructions very carefully, I did and Monty is doing great now and has had no problems. He is back on full size pinks and growing. Make sure you cut slits in your pinky backs, this helps a lot as well! Do not rush into feeding too often or too big of meals.....Good luck!

Buk N A
02-13-2008, 12:31 AM
thank you both for the help. Hopefully things will work out.