PDA

View Full Version : Corn Snake photos ONLY, please......

Corn Snake photos ONLY, please......

Rich Z
05-13-2002, 09:51 PM
I've noticed a fair share or non-cornsnake photos being posted here and I'm going to have to start wielding the axe. Especially on those messages where people upload the image to this server, as the database for this forum is getting HUGE. And on top of that, I have to pay the bandwidth each time the image is viewed.

So, not meaning to get people upset or think I'm singling them out for any reason, but I will be going through the old messages and deleting ANY non-cornsnake photo that I find. And new ones will be deleted immediately upon discovery.

After all, this IS a cornsnake ONLY forum, and I want to keep it that way.

Thanks for your understanding.

Clint Boyer
05-14-2002, 09:22 AM
I got a little carried away with the pics the other day.

Corns it is! :D

Simon
05-14-2002, 12:34 PM
Don't worry Rich, we totally understand that it is very hard for you to be both working on the corn snakes and keeping this site running. We also understand that this is a corn snake forum and not others so deleting non corn pictures is totally understandable.

CornsnakeKeeper
05-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Understood.

Matt L
05-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Sorry Rich! Guilty as charged!

Rich Z
05-15-2002, 01:06 AM
If someone finds a message where the image no longer shows up, please let me know so I can delete it. When people post their photos to a photo hosting service and link to it, there is no guarantee that it will be there forever. So you wind up seeing an entire thread of nothing but blank spots with red 'X's in them.

Heck, didn't I enable all these messages so the owner can edit and delete them at will? If that is so, why maybe you all can police your own messages that way and save me a lot of time. If that option was not enabled, I will do so as soon as possible.

Thanks!

monna62
05-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Hi, Rich, when you say police your own messages, do you mean just the pictures that no longer show up? Or do you mean for us to delete our own old messages? I don't know much about computers, but if you want me to, just let me know how. I can learn. I understand about the pictures, but I don't know how to post pictures yet anyway. When I get my snake, my husband will try to help me post them. Thanks
Monna~~newbie at the computer

Matt L
05-15-2002, 08:57 AM
Rich,
I took the liberty of deleting all my non-corn snake photos and a few others that seemed to have outlived there use, except one. I think you beat me to it. Happy to help.

Matt L.

Clint Boyer
05-15-2002, 09:11 AM
with the offending (well, it was a nice pic ;) ) pic.
I love the ability to edit posts.

Kilojara16
05-15-2002, 09:32 AM
I guess that drawing I posted isn't a true corn picture. I'll delete it if you want.

Clint Boyer
05-15-2002, 09:52 AM
After all it is a Corn snake!

I think it's a great pic of a corn, you've got talent! Keep it up.

Rich Z
05-15-2002, 11:36 AM
As long as the messages themselves are providing information that is not time sensitive and no longer applicable, you do not need to delete them. For instance, if you post a notice about a herp show and the date has already come and gone, then by all means go ahead and delete it for me. But if there is a lively discussion that has developed within that thread, maybe it would be best to leave it. Might mean you will need to make a judgement call. Heck, I can't remember if I gave you all the power to delete entire threads!

Just remember that this board is in place to provide information for all whom seek it. So if your message provides some little nugget of wisdom, then leave it for someone else to stumble across some day. Problems with egg laying, etc., happen every year, year after year.

I didn't think things would get as controversial here as they do on my Board of Inquriy site, so I left these tools (editing and deleting) in place so people can manage their own messages to their own liking. But be careful! If you *oops* one, I can't recover it for you.

Thanks for your help.

Abuyoussef
07-25-2002, 07:11 PM

UTWolfe
11-20-2002, 07:33 PM
I am new around here and love the place. I have a few corns and just got a friend into corns as well. The pictures are great. One way to alleviate some of bandwidth use on this site and keep costs down would be to get pic posters to use hyperlinks. There are a few really nice sites that allow free photo galleries and are easy to use. It would make it easier to moderate and save alot of time and effort.

http://webshots.com
http://photos.msn.com/

And there are many more available.

Hyperlinks work wonders.

Axe
11-20-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Rich Z
As long as the messages themselves are providing information that is not time sensitive and no longer applicable, you do not need to delete them. For instance, if you post a notice about a herp show and the date has already come and gone, then by all means go ahead and delete it for me. But if there is a lively discussion that has developed within that thread, maybe it would be best to leave it. Might mean you will need to make a judgement call. Heck, I can't remember if I gave you all the power to delete entire threads!

You might wanna put that on the Classifieds sections too. For sale/wanted. Then when all the snakes have gone/been acquired, they can just delete the thread instead of just "All sold" - and using up space with any images they might've attached to show off the snakes.

La serpiente
07-18-2003, 02:45 PM
i only post pics of my corn. but if anyone wants to post non-corn pics they should go to Faunaclassifieds.com and put them there

newt
05-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Nice web site Clint Boyer, I email you with a couple of question. You have a great collection I hope one day I could have one like yours. Do you buy your mice or breed them yourself?

newt

Kachunga
08-05-2004, 04:29 PM
I'll take mine off as well, until I can get some better quality pics. . . Possibly later today. Sorry for the inconvienience, I'm new, but learnig quickly.
Kachunga & Mitchell

Xaviar
11-11-2004, 03:26 AM
i agree, there is no point in you paying for pointless pics if they're nothing to do with corn snakes

shadyrules
01-27-2005, 11:58 AM
i need help, everything u know bout cornsnakes, and r the albino snakes rare, coz i want 1, and i seen a grey and black 1, i like, wat r they called, which is best 4 a beginner male or female, can u give me sum names for snakes

pleez and fanku

Xaviar
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
here's a tip, go for a female if your a newbie because they dont bite as much and adapt to you better, just like by baby girl Samus

TrpnBils
02-10-2005, 05:18 PM
i need help, everything u know bout cornsnakes, and r the albino snakes rare, coz i want 1, and i seen a grey and black 1, i like, wat r they called, which is best 4 a beginner male or female, can u give me sum names for snakes

pleez and fanku
You need to do some hardcore research before you buy one. Also, if you want people to take you seriously, you might want to take into consideration that we're not your school buddies in a chatroom. Most of the time if I see people's posts that look like yours ("wat r" "sum" "pleez and fanku") I ignore them because by the time I figure out what you're trying to say I end up getting annoyed.

I'm not trying to be rude, but think about it.

Flygning
02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
This conversation shouldn't even be taking place in this thread.

DBAA
09-16-2005, 11:26 PM
sure thing rich

Don T.
11-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Sorry Rich Z, I jumped the gun and posted a few non Corn pics before reading this thread. I'd gladly remove them but I'm not allowed to edit my own posts. Won't happen again though.

Marshall_P
11-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Sorry Rich, I get carried away sometimes, guilty also as charged, I'll remove it immediately... Marshall P..

johnbort2
11-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Yea, didn't read this till after I posted some non-corn pics. Sorry, won't happen again.

jenkva
02-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I usually post a url which is much easier.
I personnally use www.webshots.com

Jay@herb.com
03-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Heres my "hypo" Brotha

saraelf69
03-20-2006, 01:44 AM
say hi felix

leetino8
04-10-2006, 05:21 PM
not really sure what sort of corn this is ? anyone got any ideas ???
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/tino8/IMG_0445.jpg

Kat
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Rusty (grey rat cross) is my guess... It looks a little too odd to be a standard normal or a hypo.

-Kat

leetino8
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
ive got a breeding pair will this cause any problems with the health of the eggs ?http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/tino8/IMG_0451.jpg this is the female who is ready to lay anytime now ???

corn_breeder
04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
srrry i will only post corn

Karloc_97
05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
some good pics

jamesb
05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
how long is that one on the creamish carpet and how old is it its the same colour as mine

xgrafcorex
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/xgrafcorex/snake/

this is my baby okeetee corn snake :D

xgrafcorex
06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
my first handling of any snake...my baby okeetee

Phoenix
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
i also got 2 new pictures......one of my baby snow constricting prey , and one (not so clear) of the new snake i bought today , he's in the period that he's shedding his skin so......
it's an elaphe teinura friesei who's in a small viv now , but , if everything goes well with the big guy (95cm now....and still a little one :)) i'll transfer him to a big viv , but first i have to study him a little , get to know of his behaviour etc.... it's used to humans , he lets himself handle really good!
the colors are also great, brown with black , and on his belly he's white , with a stripe of yellow and blue :)

check m out

Roy Munson
06-16-2006, 01:03 PM
...it's an elaphe teinura friesei who's in a small viv now , but , if everything goes well with the big guy (95cm now....and still a little one :)) i'll transfer him to a big viv , but first i have to study him a little , get to know of his behaviour etc.... it's used to humans , he lets himself handle really good!
the colors are also great, brown with black , and on his belly he's white , with a stripe of yellow and blue :)

check m outSorry to be a jerk, but it's hilarious that you post a photo of a non-corn in a thread started by this site's admin warning members not to post photos of non-corns in the photo forum. You may want to familiarize yourself with this site's layout a little better. :grin01:

Phoenix
06-16-2006, 01:14 PM
well sorry....
for the fact beïng that corns in my country are all recognized as 'ratsnakes'
the big guy also is a sort of 'ratsnake' so sorry about that , in your country there has been given other sub-names to the species

jazzgeek
06-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry to be a jerk, but it's hilarious that you post a photo of a non-corn in a thread started by this site's admin warning members not to post photos of non-corns in the photo forum. You may want to familiarize yourself with this site's layout a little better. :grin01:I won't apologize for being a jerk on this one.

I believe Rich's intent of this thread (since it is a "sticky") is to demand, when you START your own thread, that you only post photos of corns.

I can't speak for him, but I'd imagine (since he sees more corns in a week around this time of year than any of us will in our lifetime) that he could donate a rodent's gluteus about pictures of your snake.

Agreed, it's hilarious. And yet, it's very sad. Browse for a while to get a feel for the forum. Use the "test area" as a sandbox, if you must. Read the "sticky" notes atop each forum.

RTFM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM), as it were.

regards,
jazz

Roy Munson
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM

regards,
jazz:roflmao: :cheers:

bribrian
06-16-2006, 02:03 PM

regards,
jazz

Excellent, must put that one in the memory notepad...... :grin01:

Phoenix
06-16-2006, 02:07 PM
the only one who should be apologizing is me ,

i'm sorry , please remove the photo , i didn't realise it wasn't a cornsnake but a ratsnake , but as i said in my country we don't make a difference between corns and rats...sorry about that

Roy Munson
06-16-2006, 02:11 PM
well sorry....
for the fact beïng that corns in my country are all recognized as 'ratsnakes'
the big guy also is a sort of 'ratsnake' so sorry about that , in your country there has been given other sub-names to the speciesYeah, they're considered rat snakes here too. Taxonomy isn't concerned with political borders. But this is specifically a corn snake forum. A Corvette and a Chevy Astro Mini-van are both Chevrolet products, but try posting photos of an Astro on a Corvette forum. :)

jazzgeek
06-16-2006, 02:19 PM
A Corvette and a Chevy Astro Mini-van are both Chevrolet products, but try posting photos of an Astro on a Corvette forum. :)Rich, if you're reading this.....I apologize. I'm caving in to my comedic compulsion. (and to my alliterative needs, I guess)

I'll take the three days for this one. :)

regards,
jazz

Roy Munson
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Rich, if you're reading this.....I apologize. I'm caving in to my comedic compulsion. (and to my alliterative needs, I guess)

I'll take the three days for this one. :)

regards,
jazzRut roh! :grin01:

Candachan
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
To help with bandwidth problems in general, I always use an outside image host like imageshack or paintedover. That way you can post pictures multiple times without re-uploading or bogging down anyone's site!

xgrafcorex
06-22-2006, 08:14 PM
broke down at the reptile show i went to last weekend and picked up this little anery.

Billybobob
06-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Rich should lock out this thread so people stop posting in it. :wavey:

jazzgeek
06-22-2006, 08:35 PM
broke down at the reptile show i went to last weekend and picked up this little anery.Nice snake.

Nice enough for you to start your own thread on it, even. :rolleyes:

regards,
jazz

xgrafcorex
06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
i apologize...i wasn't aware you weren't supposed to post pictures of corn snakes in the thread called "corn snake photos ONLY, please..." :rolleyes: though i did notice there was a lot of text, and few pics... :)

Jessicat
06-24-2006, 01:13 AM
i apologize...i wasn't aware you weren't supposed to post pictures of corn snakes in the thread called "corn snake photos ONLY, please..." :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that if you'd read Rich's original post, the first post on this thread, it would have been quite clear to you that this is not a thread compiled of pictures of people's cornsnakes.

xgrafcorex
06-24-2006, 02:04 AM
you are correct. i only read the thread title and saw a few pics...after that, i assumed the title said it all, only i am used to the usual posts of comments about pics that don't contain pics themselves.

sazzy925
07-16-2006, 02:47 PM
coming soon a picture of the sxiest snake around my corn snake bob! but ive lost my digital camera so you'lll have to wait :grin01:

Greg529
08-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I just got this Okeetee baby from Kathy Love this past Friday 08/04/2006. I fed him for the first time yesterday, and handled him for the first time too (before feeding of course). The first time I picked him up he was scared so I just let him come to my hand to show I wasn't going to attack him. Then the 2nd time I picked him up to put him in his feeding container he let me do it with no problem. He also ate with no problem. Now I just hope he will digest it fine.

Joejr14
08-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Greg, you're not supposed to post your own pictures in this thread. You can start a new thread in the photo gallery of your new okeetee.

MrMarblz
08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Here's my baby reverse okeete Yadie! Isn't she beautiful?? She just fed if you couldn't tell :)

Lennycorn
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Greg, you're not supposed to post your own pictures in this thread. You can start a new thread in the photo gallery of your new okeetee.

Same message , just change the name MrMarblz. :grin01:

CurtisCr79
10-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Here are some pictures of my new baby corn. Just hoping to get confirmation if he is really a Candy Cane or not. not that it will really matter, it would just be nice to know that when I am asked what kind he is to know what I am talking about. He is suppose to be a cross between a Candy Cane and a Miami if i remember correctly.
http://webpages.charter.net/critchfield/Pets/Jake%20001.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/critchfield/Pets/Corn%20Snake%20029.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/critchfield/Pets/Jake%20039.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/critchfield/Pets/Jake%20020.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are huge. I am currently unable to shrink them down. Thanks for helping out a Newbie to the form.

chibitamalove
10-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Just by looking at him, I'd say he was a candycane, but I'm not really experienced with that, and you probably want a professional opinion, you know?

P.S. There are online image resizers to shrink them down to a reasonable size. Just look up "online image resizer" on Google.

jazzgeek
10-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I just want to direct everyone's attention to the first (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4338&postcount=1) and forty-second (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=292149&postcount=42) posts in this thread. Feel free to use the links provided.

USE THEM. :wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

regards,
jazz

MrMarblz
10-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Here's my albino okeetee Yadie in a beer bottle haha

jazzgeek
10-01-2006, 05:41 PM
And again I say...

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

regards,
jazz

MrMarblz
10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
sorry, ignore that i just did that.

xgrafcorex
10-02-2006, 05:25 AM
honestly...having made the same mistake myself and seeing many more since...i would just lock this thread. there isn't any reason to add anymore posts to it i don't think??

i (and i'm sure others) are used to forums that encourage looking up older threads and not starting a whole new one to post pics of something that has been posted to wits end. perhaps some threads like "normal photos", "ghost photos" etc.

most of the other forums i post at (animals ones) have photo threads divided by genus..but that would work as well here. anyway...just a suggestion. i like this site and think you all do a great job. :D :cheers:

Old World
10-10-2006, 10:55 PM
sorry for the pathetic question, but, how do i put photos into my thread? do i have to have them on the internet, like photobucket, or can i attach the file directly? thanks

jazzgeek
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
sorry for the pathetic question, but, how do i put photos into my thread? do i have to have them on the internet, like photobucket, or can i attach the file directly? thanksYou can do either. Check out this thread (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33260), it should answer your question.

regards,
jazz

becca anderson
12-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Haha- I LOVE the pic of the snake in the bottle XDD

tyflier
12-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Holy Cow!!! The owner/Admins of this site must go crazy over this kind of stuff. Doesn't anybody read the replies anymore? Or do people just not really care and start posting photos? You Admins have my deepest sympathies for the stuff you are putting up with... :shrugs:

Dave123
12-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Doesn't anybody read the replies anymore? Or do people just not really care and start posting photos?

What do you mean? Have people been posting wrong stuff in the photo forum?

tyflier
12-25-2006, 04:08 PM
What do you mean? Have people been posting wrong stuff in the photo forum?

no...I'm referring to the fact that this particular topic was a request from the admin. regarding what sort of photos are to be posted in this forum, and people assumed that it was the place to post photos, instead of reading the topic, and realizing it was a request, not a thread for their pictures.

There are 7 pages of responses to a simple request, and it seems to me that the majority of them are unnecessary, or in the wrong place. Of course, some of them are acknowledgements of the request, and apologies for posting wrong pictures, which rightfully belong where they are. But the majority of the replies to this topic don't belong here, and that must be frustrating for the admins.

And now, with my VERY off-topic observations, I am merely contributing to that headache... :uhoh:

Dave123
12-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Ohh, Gotcha.

snakemad
02-10-2007, 06:00 PM
here is my snake i got it 2day

gwb8568
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
here is my snake i got it 2day
this was pretty much a thread for some people that had "broken the rules" so to speak. when you want to post pics of your cornsnake, you need to put it in the Photo Gallery section on the main page. if you ever get something other than a corn, you will need to post it in the General Chit-Chat section. so having said that, you might want to start your own thread and put your snake picture in it (in the Photo Gallery section).

galen

scotty2hotty2825
02-12-2007, 12:37 AM
my new snakes wonderin when i should start feeding them more pinkies and what type they are!

Dave123
02-12-2007, 06:45 AM
You probably should make your own thread in the photo gallary, but I can tell you that you have an amel and a snow.

snakemad
02-14-2007, 12:47 PM
well it is pages for cornsnake pics so i put them on isnt tht wot it is for???

Roy Munson
02-14-2007, 01:49 PM
well it is pages for cornsnake pics so i put them on isnt tht wot it is for???No, despite many people making the same mistake you have, this thread is not for displaying photos of corn snakes. Before you reply in a thread, it's a good idea to read at least the opening post on the first page. Welcome to the forum. :)

xgrafcorex
04-06-2007, 06:38 AM
haha this thread should get locked. i made the same mistake when i just signed up a while back and since i've been a member i've only seem the same thing being repeated. technically, this thread only needs to be one post long...containing the rules of the corn snake photo thread.