PDA

View Full Version : SerpenCo's new site is NOW up!

SerpenCo's new site is NOW up!

Rich Z
06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Well, mostly....

Still a few snags I have to work out, but nothing major I have stumbled on yet. If anyone finds any errors or odd things there, please let me know. I still need to put in cross links to all my other sites and there is a problem with a drop down menu for the credit cards. I set it up to be able to utilize Visa, MC and Discover, but for some reason a drop down menu puts American Express where Discover should be. But no big deal until I can figure it out.

This new site is a full blown shopping cart system. You fill your basket by clicking on the items and it keeps a running total for you. There is a flat $50 shipping fee that is added in at the end after you check out and are on the payment screen.

It will also automatically figure out the 20 percent deposit figure for people reserving animals for this upcoming 2003 season. I don't have the direct credit card processing in place yet, but that will be coming soon. For now, I still have to process the credit cards manually, like I have been doing in the past.

I may change the format a bit, so don't be surprised if it looks slightly different the next time you log in there.

Just let me know if you find anything you can't figure out or appears to just be an error.

You can get here merely by putting in www.serpenco.com into your web browser.

SerpenCo (http://www.serpenco.com)

Thanks!

CAV
06-11-2003, 02:30 PM
Rich,

What is the authentication username and password area for?? Will this be one that is specifically for the SerpenCo site?

Otherwise, I like this new format much better.

Rich Z
06-11-2003, 03:48 PM
The authentication section is for registered members to log in so that any placed orders will automatically have the blanks filled in. Please bear in mind that this is a new system to me as well, and I certainly have not explored every nook and cranny in it. But from what I have seen, that's what happens when you register with the system and then when you return, log in.

This is quite a sophisticated piece of software. Most of my time spent working on it is just discovering where in the heck the specific module I need to modify is located. Fixing things is easy. Finding them is another situation entirely. Definitely not for the faint of heart or weak of mind.....

NCSUjle
06-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Does "couple", when purchasing a snake, mean a male and a female?

Rich Z
06-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Yes. Sorry, I thought that would be obvious. :(

NCSUjle
06-12-2003, 01:22 AM
It is obvious, but I just wanted to make sure... sorry for the dumb question :D I just wanted to be absolutely sure before putting out the money. I'm weird like that... thanks, Rich :)

Rich Z
06-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Hey, no problem. Sometimes when you are constructing a website, you are too close to it and lose track of the forest because the danged trees are in the way.

qh_person
06-12-2003, 03:19 AM
I've been lurking around here since someone mentioned that they got a Corn from you and that they were happy, so I looked the site up and do a daily 'drool session' and torture myself wishing I had the kind of money to buy and house more than a few.. Anyhow, new look is awesome!