PDA

View Full Version : sudden ADHD? or just plain ol'randy?

sudden ADHD? or just plain ol'randy?

Cegninedorf
02-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm sure that "it's time to procreate!" is what's on their minds, but it's just nice to hear from those more experienced than me that yes, that's all it is & wow, isn't it fun to see them so active after being so out of it for so long??? :p

My approx 6 year old male who is in the living room, and in my computer room, my 1.5 year old female whose tank is above my 2.5 year old male (on a sort-of rack), are all roving their tanks non-stop for the last couple of weeks. It's been unreal. I can only imagine the results if they all happened to escape & meet up, but the sudden increase in activity level has been the difference between night & day! Pheromones in the air?

By the way, my adult males are refusing to eat -- and they've all along been good eaters. Simply distracted? Is there a reproductive reasoning behind that? Conserving energy? My females are all fine with eating, though...:p

Is this what it's like for everyone else? I witnessed nothing like this last year, comparatively! Wow! :p

Mr.AJ
02-15-2008, 11:21 PM
This thread needs theme music. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo)

(Can't really add anything else to the discussion tonight though, Sorry! But enjoy seeing your critters roaming around more! Must be a nice change.)

Jrgh17
02-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Same thing at my place. The young men (yearlings and older) have all been EXTREMELY active recently. They're moody too... lol I never hear them, but I see them quite a bit more, and I've noticed MANY more tipped waterbowls than normal.

I've actually made a point to check through all of my racks at least once a day to clean up after those who have flooded their cages while searching for a mate.

MichellesCreatures
02-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Yep, tis that time of year! Thats actually what reminded me to get my butt in gear and get everyone paired up. :)
My oldest male, who is now...15ish years old....my very first corn btw....doesnt eat for months. Does it every year. Then...when babies start hatching...he starts eating again. But he is really the only one in my collection that takes it to that extreme. Heck, its kept him healthy for 15 years.

xerxes
02-16-2008, 08:02 PM
this mignt explain why my 5yr old hasnt eaten for seven weeks. he's been roaming around non-stop. when does this phase usually end?

Cegninedorf
02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
this mignt explain why my 5yr old hasnt eaten for seven weeks. he's been roaming around non-stop. when does this phase usually end?

I don't know when it will all end...Michelle mentioned when the hatchlings are born, so that might mean mid-spring? I don't worry, though, because the snakes look healthy, aren't really losing any weight -- and heck, those that could've used the exercise are now getting it. :) I guess, in my mind's eye, it's kind of like how adults see teenagers: it's all perfectly normal to go through the phase, but it's just like watching a train wreck...you can't help but wonder & watch. :p

I *do* like seeing the snakes out & about so much, though! :)