• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Wandering arround???

Hunter2011

The fun begins!
Ok, I just wanted to know if this is normal?? My baby corn snake that I have had for 3 weeks all of a sudden is just going arround the viv, like for a while, she is like a sea serpent, she comes up and then goes back down into the aspen in a wave pattern, and I can't figure it out??:shrugs: So if anyone can help me I would apreciate it :)

sly does it all the time ive also only had her for a week now, but slick never has done it and ive had him for a month...it seems pretty normal to me, just something i would see a snake doing i guess

ok, thanks, I just didn't know if maybe she was in blue and I didn't know and she was trying to shed, cause her viv is REALLY bare right now, I'm getting some decor for her viv this weekend so, YEAH, but anyways so thanks again, now she went into her hide, and she doesn't look blue to me so...yeah lol :)

You'll know if she is shedding if she is rubbing her face over EVERYTHING.Snakes enjoy digging and she is just exploring around.

ok, I thought so, but I can't tell lol :) I'm going ot be DEFINATELY ordering Kathy's comprehensive owners guide :) :)

lol Don't bother you don't need a guide use the internet it is cheaper and better just search for "corn snake care sheet" and then your done !!

lol, ok, but still, I might still get her book :) but these forums have been more helpful than I could have hoped :)

You _do_ need Kathy's book, and it wouldn't hurt to get Don Soderberg's book, Cornsnakes in Captivity, either. Then to make your basic book collection complete, you would really enjoy and use Cornsnake Morph Guide. I use that book as a reference almost daily and have a copy at work and at home.

so, ok, I will have to see, being that I am only 15, I don't really have too much money to buy books :) lol

I am going to get Kathy's guide, not sure about Don's at the moment, but possibly I might get the morph guide though also :)

So, anywho...so what is your oppinion on live plants??? cna I have them in her viv? I keep getting mixed answers???

Its all dependant on what plant species you put in, obviously many species can be toxic etc.

Also many plants wont be able to survive in a vivarium constantll being crushed or at higher temperatures.

So i'd say yes you CAN use them, you just need to do your research. Theres abook around somewhere about keeping snakes in completely natural viariums using soil and planted plants as apposed to potted plants.

Tom

Hmm, I did have this one plant in there but Stephen and Dave told me to take it out cause you never know, it could have pesticides in it, or be toxit, but I also had an orchid, not in the viv yet but I was going to but oh well I guess I will go with fake? lol :) Becasue I would cry for 5 years if anything happened to my baby Star!!!

well she is going to eat again in a couple days, she is little, she should be content with my feeding programs are what Kathy told me to do :) lol sry I'm kinda upset/depressed right now :(

lol Don't bother you don't need a guide use the internet it is cheaper and better just search for "corn snake care sheet" and then your done !!

I am going to have to disagree.
I thought the same thing until I ordered it.
Kathy and Bill's book is fantastic, well worth 3times the money.
Everything you need to know is there in an easy to understand format.
They also goes into all kinds of aspects of snake keeping that I feel is flat out great information.

From genetics to illness to husbandry to breeding...
She writes from experience and with humor as well.

I also highly suggest Don Soderberg's Corn Snake book
http://www.cornsnake.net/cornsnakesincaptivity.php3

It is quite a bit smaller than the Love's.
It is a perfect concise how to keep a healthy corn from hatchling on up.
I am not knocking the forums, but if you are really going to keep a healthy snake a little basic expanded information is going to serve you well (and your snakes too:))

Back