PDA

View Full Version : 'In Blue' Duration?

'In Blue' Duration?

RustySpringfield
02-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi folks!

Just wondering how long our new guest should be 'in blue' before clearing up pre-shed.

His/her eyes have looked blue for a couple of days and I'm interested in how long it will last, as he/she's due a feed. I've attempted a feeding today and he/she wouldn't touch it.

I'm still learning and appreciate your help.

SNAKEWISPERA
02-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey mate, no worries.. his eyes will go clear before he sheds just bump up the humidity,
dont worry about the feeding, :)

RustySpringfield
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks for your reply.

My original post wasn't very clear; I was really asking how long the eyes will usually appear blue for, before going clear just prior to shedding.

Any ideas? :)

alan
02-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey, Matt. My snake is nearly a problem-free feeder, the exception is when she is in blue. I just skip it.

RustySpringfield
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks Alan. :)

My original post wasn't very clear; I was really asking how long the eyes will usually appear blue for, before going clear just prior to shedding.

Any ideas?

It's reasuring to be reminded that Rusty isn't the only snake who won't eat during the shedding cycle! :)

Susielea
02-23-2008, 08:46 PM
The snakes eyes can be "blue" anything from 24 hours to a few days and then, as you know, they will clear for a few days before he/she sheds the old skin.

When mine are "blue" I still offer a feed, but if they refuse then I wait to try again until after the shed.

Hope that's helpful, best wishes,

RustySpringfield
02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
The snakes eyes can be "blue" anything from 24 hours to a few days and then, as you know, they will clear for a few days before he/she sheds the old skin.

When mine are "blue" I still offer a feed, but if they refuse then I wait to try again until after the shed.

Hope that's helpful, best wishes,
Perfect! :)

Thank you.

That was exactly the answer I was looking for.