PDA

View Full Version : In shed should I still feed her?

In shed should I still feed her?

RainbowMary
02-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey, leila's been in "blue" since Monday she went clear Friday yet still hasn't shed, normally today would be her feeding day should I still offer her or should I leave it, I know a lot of the time when their shedding they refuse anyway, but would it be any harm if I offered and she did take? since she's so close to shedding? Thanks

wade
02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
It won't hurt to offer. If she isn't in the mood she won't eat.

I always offer, let them decide.

RainbowMary
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
just wasn't sure if it would affect the shed or if her shedding might make her regure or anything......paranoid I know but just making sure.

Rich in KY
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I have always offered also. There is no harm. Only the possibility of wasting a mouse if they refuse.

I have one that has always refused to eat while in blue. I have stopped offering her food, but only because of her history.

alan
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
I have always offered also. There is no harm. Only the possibility of wasting a mouse if they refuse.

I have one that has always refused to eat while in blue. I have stopped offering her food, but only because of her history.

That's my snake, also. I tried it once, no go. It coincided again, no go. I just skip it.

Taryn7
02-24-2008, 02:40 PM
All 3 of my piggies eat while waiting to shed:)

Widget
02-24-2008, 02:41 PM
One of mine starts refusing a few days before going blue and won't eat until after. One of the babies I'm rehabbing ate fine two days ago while in blue, but I woke up this morning to a shed and a regurge. Regurge was barely recognizable even with just 2 days so I'm pretty sure it was due to the shed.

While we're on the topic of sheds/regurges. Why do they sometimes do it? I understand temps/stress etc. But why does shedding trigger regurges? Any theories?

RainbowMary
02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
:O so shedding can provoke regure!? I'm not even going to bother if it can, coz she is RIGHT near shedding......would it be better for me to just wait it out a few days or feed her?

Rich in KY
02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
If you are worried about a regurge, then wait.

Feed her the day she sheds. She will be fine without food for a few days.

draco_0420
02-24-2008, 03:38 PM
I've NEVER offered food to either of my snakes during their shed cycles. I'm too paranoid about regurge. Anyways, I've heard stories on both sides of the fence, so I guess it's all up to you. Just do your research and decide for yourself.

alan
02-24-2008, 03:39 PM
If you are worried about a regurge, then wait.

Feed her the day she sheds. She will be fine without food for a few days.

And my Cheerio is VERY eager to get a mouse in her afterward.

RainbowMary
02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I'll just wait thanks all

Widget
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Simbi forces me to wait. I usually wait if I know they're blue before thawing the mice. The last time I fed, I discovered that 2 were in blue but I had already thawed their mice. I decided to offer it and let them decide. Both ate, 1 regurged, the other didn't. One of the others is blue now, and due to eat but she gets to wait until next week after she sheds.

Most snakes missing a meal or two won't hurt them at all. Regurging can be really bad if its repeated. Better to wait, especially if there's a history of shed related regurges.