PDA

View Full Version : How long should I wait..

How long should I wait..

richmothy
02-24-2008, 04:31 PM
.. to hold my new corn?
Don't want to freak her out!

=]

Lennycorn
02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
More input needed...
did you just get it today...is it a hatchling or an adult snake etc etc.

richmothy
02-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry!
I got it yesterday, and it's a hatchling.
She seems to be enjoying her enclosure, she's out and about tonight.
=]

clipclopclip
02-24-2008, 05:37 PM
You should wait 5 to 7 days with no holding your new snakes and then try feeding it. After it has fed, wait another two days for it to digest the meal, then you may hold it.

Lennycorn
02-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Put the snake back!! now!! :rofl::rofl:

Put you should try to let you snake settle in for a few day be for handling But... That hard to do. hehe

It will want to crawl way, all the time. But you want to reduce the stress factor,. This will make it easier when it come down to feeding it.
So... let it alone today and tomorrow and then handle for intervals of five or so minutes. Three time a day for now.
The most important thing is getting the snake to be an establish eater first.

richmothy
02-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Nooo I haven't had her out!
She's in her encloser, but is out of her hide!
Thank you all very much for the advice!

=]

tradernick
02-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Heh it's tough to resist holding new purchases, specially cute ones...but it's better for them if they've eaten. And everyone agrees not to hold them for a couple days after a meal. My kids love to hold our corn so I make sure they do so before feeding day, not after. Congrats on your new corn!
Nick

Nanci
02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
I know what you're going through. I have three new babies. I got them Wednesday. Two disappeared into their vivs and I never saw them until tonight! The other came out right away and was taunting me because I wouldn't handle them till after their first feeding, then waiting three days. (I'm in super-conservative mode because one of my previous round of babies regurgitated and I don't know why- so everyone gets treated extra carefully now!) I fed them tonight only because it was the other babies' feeding night and I didn't want them split up. Now I can finally handle them Wednesday.

Lk22
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I just got my corn snake yesterday and the pet store that I got her from said I need to feed it so I kept her in the small container that I got her in and she ate right away but know I am being impatient to handle her. She is not a hatchling.