• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help?

Hunter2011

The fun begins!
Ok, I know that I posted a thread to something similar about Star wandering arround her viv, but now she just stays at the side, and she hasn't gone into her hide all night from what I can see, and only moves her head a bit if I come into the room. Could she be hurt or something?:shrugs:
I had her out yesturday and she was fine, but I move my hand once and I brushed my finger accidentaly across her tail and she latched on to me and it pulled on her tail a bit, but could that have hurt her? she acted fine after that:shrugs: I'm starting to get a bit worried? Sorry to sound too panicked about this but I just don't know.

I briefly read a few posts from your other thread. It really sounds as if Star may be getting ready to shed. Their behavior may change a little during that time and they also tend to get a little moody and snappy also. If you don't have one in Star's viv yet, try putting a moist hide in with her to help her with her shed. Considering the amount of time you have owned her, I would say she is just about due to have a shed.

Ok, I thought so too because her stomach area looks a bit pale now, but her eyes arent "blue" yet so I didn't really think anything of it, I just got her a new tree hide thingy from petsmart yesturday, I'm going to put it in her viv today, and some fake vines too! :)
But should I put 2 moist hides in? Becasue she is in a 20 gallon long aquarium? I don't know where I can find sphagnum moss, they have lots of moss at the pet store for frogs, but it doesn't specificaly say that it is sphagnum moss?

Ok, well that is good! :) I was just worried, I'm new to snakes and just didn't want anything to be wrong! thanks everyone!!! and so what do I use if I can't find any sphagnum moss?

ok, thanks for the suggestion, but I will still try to find the moss :) But I figure that the paper towels will work just fine also

Lowes carries the moss.

I get it there all the time.

You have to look in the inside garden dept. A bag cost around $4

Ok, thanks, that helps A LOT!! But it is kind of funny/wierd that only lowes has the moss that you use for a pet, and not a pet store lol :)

I bought a small tree stump hide and some moss at Petsmart. The moss didn't say what kind it was but apparently it worked just fine. I put the moss into the little tree stump hide and sprayed the moss good then put the hide on the warm side. Flash went into it the night before he shed. The next night I looked in his viv and there was his shed, just outside the moist moss hide! So for me, whatever kind of moss it was, it worked just fine. Here is a pic of the moist hide, it is closed at the opposite end:

IMG_3214.jpg

Back