PDA

View Full Version : Are males the only ones that go hyper crazy during mating season

Are males the only ones that go hyper crazy during mating season

miara20
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
My two year old female corn has been very active lately. I posted a thread earlier about thinking her tank was too small and even posted pics. Somebody told me to put more stuff in there so I added vines that she can climb on and rearranged her cage and added lots more stuff but she is still very active and constantly trying to get out of her cage. She evens rubs her nose on the cage and now its raw.

Is this normal? she has never done this until this year.

What can I put on her raw nose? It looks gross and I know it hurts when I touch it cause she flinches well jerks back and she usually never has a problem with me touching her nose.

I take her out all the time and she is still not satisfied her temps are perfect they are between 81 and 83 degrees and at night they fall to 76 to 78 degrees. So what should I do

bitsy
02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Gravid females can go nuts looking for somwehere suitable to lay. If she's been mated then she might be about to drop a fertile clutch. If not, she may produce an infertile clutch (although at two years old, she's a bit young for that).

Give her a laying box (same principle as the humid hide for shedding) and see if she takes to that.

Or she may be a mis-sexed male.

lampy
02-27-2008, 08:54 AM
My males having that time o the year, at night you hear him almost trashing his viv, lol some one said make a sock puppet for him, give hi something to focus on!:rofl:

Jrgh17
02-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Compared to the boys, my girls haven't been noticeably more active. :shrugs: I'd have to agree that it might be a mis-sexed male.

bella
03-03-2008, 09:11 PM
so it is normal for males to go a bit wonky in the spring then? kuz all the sudden my one male, 1.5 years goes nuts all over the viv searching and climbing up the glass all the time. at first i thought something was wrong but temps were fine, no sign of mites good eating habits.
but if it is the mating thing it would make sense why he is so active all the time now, do they do this even if they have not actually gone through a mating season before and have not brumated or anything?

bitsy
03-04-2008, 06:44 AM
do they do this even if they have not actually gone through a mating season before and have not brumated or anything?

Yep. All part of growing up and being a bloke (think you'll find it applies to humans as well... :rofl: )

freetv-5
03-05-2008, 03:15 PM
My 4-5 year old female snow was living in a fairly dark cool basement up till about a month ago and now other then shedding she seems to be miss active pretty much day or night.
Lots during the day. Is this a sign that she wants some man company?
If so I wish I could find her some!!!

goldilox
03-13-2008, 04:16 AM
My two corns (4yr old males) are going totally mad at the moment never seen them so active all day long trying to get out , climbing etc, its nice in a way to see them so lively.

miara20
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Thanks for your help ya'll sorry it took me so long to reply back. Having computer issues and all