PDA

View Full Version : Snake stuck in duct tape? Here's what I did.

Snake stuck in duct tape? Here's what I did.

JennaDee
02-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I had a neonate silver queen get caught COMPLETELY in duct tape open mouth and all. The only exposed area was his top half. He had also tried to bite the duct tape so his mouth was stuck open.
If I had been more responsible it would have never happened but it did and here's what I did for anyone who runs into the same problem.
I used about a teaspoon of vegetable oil and rubbed down the snake and the tape which made the tape non-adhesive. I made sure that his nostrils were not blocked too and slowly, VERY SLOWLY peeled his delicate scales away from the tape. This entire process (freaking out and all) took about 45 minutes. He only lost 2 or 3 small scales and the sticky residue came off with his next shed. The only thing was that the residue really messed up his shed and it was incomplete. I soaked him in 80 degree water for an hour and it came off without a problem.

I hope this will help anyone with a snake and duct tape problem! Good luck with those neonate corns!!
..JennaDee

cornlover221
02-28-2008, 04:25 AM
if you dont mind me asking...how did it get stuck to duct tape in the first place?

JennaDee
02-28-2008, 11:41 AM
the duct tape was at the top of the cage on the screen covering, ironically enough, it was to protect him from the splitting wire screen ends. i bought him on an impulse and had to use my old screen top which was in bad shape till i could get a safe and sturdy top. the duct tape, from the heat and humidity, separated and was exposed inside the aquarium.