PDA

View Full Version : Snake won't shed.

Snake won't shed.

BBirdP
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
She's a little over a year old and she shed fine up until winter. Since then she hasn't shed in forever. She's active, eats regularly, and all that jazz, but she just won't shed. I thought it could be the humidity (i don't have anything to measure it at the moment) so I started misting her cage every two days with warm water and giving her a weekly warm water bath, but still no shed. It's going on 5 months! Help! =[

BBirdP
02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Also, the temperature in the cage is good, I have measured that. The cool end is about 70 and the warm about 80.

Corny Noob
02-28-2008, 12:58 PM
My corn is just now finally in the shed cycle it's the first time this entire winter. I think that even though we keep them at the warmer tempatures their bodies still tend to slow down some this time of year. I really don't think it's anything to worry about unless you're saying that your snake has been blue for 5 months straight.

BBirdP
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Her skin is dry looking and where she's usually bent when curled up the scales are indented in. It looks like she needs to shed, but she hasn't. I havent even found pieces of her sheddings.

ForkedTung
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
My Amber was in blue when I put her in to brumate, bad idea I later learned. After almost 2 months she still hadn't shed and was still in blue. I warmed her and still no shed after 2 consecutive days of wet hides (air-holed plastic container with very moist, not wet, shredded paper bags about 8 hrs. each time) and a warm bath she cleared up, then one more day of wet hide and a day off she finally shed 95%. Then one more bath and I picked off the rest. She finally ate today.:) Have you tried an overnight wet hide?