PDA

View Full Version : Updated status

Updated status

Annihilation-
03-05-2008, 07:04 AM
alright, i have been watching him closely for the past week atleast and i have noticed that he has not gone poo and yet he still has a noticeable bulge at the end of his butt where the plate is. almost like he has some in there but it wont come out. there is no way he could have eaten substrate, i dont feed him in his tank...but i dont see why there would be a bump there for this long...any thoughts?

could this be contributing to his eating problems?

I tired to feed him last night, the 4th...he seemed like he was searching for food a bit...at first glance and taste he staired at it for a few moments and then lost intrest...then after being more persistant about it he cought intrest in it again this time "kissing" it and nuzzling it around, at one point even slightly opening his mouth, it seemed to me he was trying to roll it over but couldnt because the mouse, though i whiped it off, was still slightly damp and stuck to the dish...i rolled it over for him and he lost intrest again...5 or more mins later he did the same thing...but would lose intrest...kind of annoying...

what you make of it?

Nanci
03-05-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't know what to make of the nuzzling of the mouse. Interested, but not interested enough to eat?

The other description is what they look like right before they go. If I have a snake with that bump right there- I don't keep it out very long. Exercise or swimming could encourage him to go if you're really worried about it. I'm just not a poo watcher- I don't get all worked up about their poo schedules.

Nanci
03-05-2008, 07:42 AM
at the end of his butt where the plate is

Cloaca. Or less commonly, vent. As in "ventral."

diamondlil
03-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Usually when the snakes don't feed straight away, I leave them undisturbed, Nuzzling the mouse is usually a sign they are going to eat it eventually, IMO

JustineNYC
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Usually when the snakes don't feed straight away, I leave them undisturbed, Nuzzling the mouse is usually a sign they are going to eat it eventually, IMO

I agree. One of mine does this for a very very long time. I leave her in her deli cup, in the tank and just go on about my day. By the time she eat the thing it is cold....I dont understand it, but thats her.

Msskellington
03-05-2008, 05:14 PM
i had a snake that nuzzled because the mouse wasn't quite warm enough for him...just a thought