PDA

View Full Version : Gee doesn't seem to want to eat.

Gee doesn't seem to want to eat.

RequiemDreamer30
03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
I was trying to feed Gerard, my yearling, like normal, and he didn't want to eat, then I tried a day or so later, and he shed that day, which was two days ago. And he was acting rather hungry to day and he usually goes right after the food when I put it in there, and he dodged it, so I waited a while, and he just waited in the corner and he looked at it, but he didn't eat it. So I picked it up with my tongs and wiggled it and he acted interested, but he didn't go after it, but he sniffed it and I was just wondering if this was bad...:uhoh::confused:

djfreebase
03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Sounds as if he is on hunger strike due to mateing season. It's very common this time of the year, and nothing to worry about. Try him again in 10 days time.

Nanci
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Quit attempting to feed him every day- wait a week (or whatever your usual interval is) and try again. You can create a picky feeder by offering food daily. Is he for sure a male? He may be going to start his first springtime hunger strike! Or maybe he just wasn't in the mood. Let him get hungry.

RequiemDreamer30
03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Thank you!
I'll try these/
:D