PDA

View Full Version : what is this brown spot under the skin

what is this brown spot under the skin

fishykid
03-08-2008, 11:50 PM
These are the times I really wish I didn't lose my digital camera. My hatchling Amel has a circular black spot about 3/4 down its body. I asked the guys at the store where I bought it from and he said its normal. He showed me a few other corn snakes and they have them, but not at the same spot as my guy did.

Is this normal? I wouldn't be worrying at all, but she's regurgitated the last 3 meals she's taken. All of the regurges happened approximately 8 days apart. I feed every saturday morning and I've found it every sunday morning. I'm taking measures to help it keep the food down, but I just can't help but wonder if its this black spot thats making her sick.

SnakesRule1234
03-09-2008, 12:23 AM
It COULD be mites, how exactly big is the spot?
Did you wait 10 days before you fed again? Are you handling her after feeding?

cornlover221
03-09-2008, 04:01 AM
my little amel has a black spot under his skin prolly in the same spot also, but he has never regurged...so im sorry but i cant help

connord94
03-09-2008, 07:39 AM
I've never heard of any spots under the skin/scales .. I guess you learn something new everyday :shrugs:

As for the regurges, as SnakesRule1234 said wait at least ten days before you feed again afterwards, also what are your temperatures on the warm and cool sides ?

Connor

fishykid
03-09-2008, 12:06 PM
As of right now warm side is 80degrees and cool side is at about 72. I try not to handle them after she's eaten as I've read what might happen if I do.

The spot I'm talking bout is much to big to be mites. Its about 1/4" in diameter and looks brown like poop.

I really don't know what it is that's causing her to regurge up every meal. Her first regurge was when she shed for the first time. I fed her not knowing that she had just went through the blue phase and was ready to shed. For whatever reason she ate her food and I didn't even think twice about it. The next morning I found her with her shed half way down her body and it looked like it was caught because her food bulge was in the way. She was crawling around the tank with her mouth open throwing up. I reached in and pulled away some of the skin that was caught as soon as I did that everything came up. She finished her shed and crawled back into her hide.

This was the start of all my regurgitation problems. I think she injured something inside when she was trying to force it up and now can't keep anything down for the life of her. Am I destined to watch my little friend just wither away?

connord94
03-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Can you borrow a camera from anyone by any chance?

Temperatures sound fine, but bumping it up a degree or two wouldn't hurt.

Connor