PDA

View Full Version : Snake Not eating

Snake Not eating

ThatguyLUKE
03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey, I have a hatchling, he regurgitated a little over a month ago. I followed the regurgitation process and today was supposed to be his fourth feeding since the regurge, but he refused to eat. The first two weeks after his regurge he did good, eating half the pinkies that i cut lengthwise, but last week i was supposed to feed him a whole pinky and I ended up cutting it because he was just pulling little chunks of skin off the pinky. Finally he ate after an hour, but this week he would not eat at all. How long am I supposed to leave my snake in with the pinky? I have been trying to feed him every six days, should I try waiting longer before I feed him?

Thanks,

Luke

patm1313
03-10-2008, 08:52 PM
You could try different feeding methods (ie. at night, in a cup, dangling/shaking it etc.). Trying to feed him a 5 days afer a failed attempt.

Don't take my word for it, see what others have to say ;).

Lennycorn
03-10-2008, 10:50 PM
If he refused, wait until the next feed day ( your feeding every six days) then offer half a pinky again.

kathylove
03-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Is it possible he is getting ready to shed? Does he look cloudy or blue?

tyflier
03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Hey, I have a hatchling, he regurgitated a little over a month ago. I followed the regurgitation process and today was supposed to be his fourth feeding since the regurge, but he refused to eat. The first two weeks after his regurge he did good, eating half the pinkies that i cut lengthwise, but last week i was supposed to feed him a whole pinky and I ended up cutting it because he was just pulling little chunks of skin off the pinky. Finally he ate after an hour, but this week he would not eat at all. How long am I supposed to leave my snake in with the pinky? I have been trying to feed him every six days, should I try waiting longer before I feed him?

Thanks,

Luke

Sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing. Just be patient and keep trying.

As far as how long you leave the snake and pinky together for...I have a VERY picky greyband king that has been in a deli cup with a pinky for over 48 hours now. I will be taking him out here in a couple minutes...You just need to be more stubborn than your snake...most of the time...

Cat_Eyed_Lady
03-11-2008, 12:56 AM
I was wondering the same thing as Kathy. Also, have you changed your supplier of where you get your pinks from? Or maybe have something Strong smelling in the freezer next to the pinkies bags that might be making them "smell" funny to the snake?? Maybe at the next try..... do what you did before to get it to eat but before you offer it.... Wash it, rinse super well and make sure its really super warm, like 100F*?? I had a couple that wouldnt eat and I had to start washing with a couple and the other needed its food warmer than I was offering. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you will update us all as to how it is going :)