PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Cleaner?

Vacuum Cleaner?

patm1313
03-13-2008, 11:09 AM
I was vacuuming up my room the other day (I have to do it pretty often, to get up all the substrate I drop all over the place), and was wondering: Is this harmful to my snake? I know that vacuums can put out a lot of dust, and for some reason I just don't see this as good for my corn to be breathing in. Luckily, my vacuum cleaner isn't older than me. It's a Dyson pet hair version. They don't spew out a lot of dust, but I'm sure there's things coming out too small for me to see.

diamondlil
03-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Hasn't it got the hepa filtration? So it should trap quite small particles. (Nice try at not vacuuming your room)

insomniac101
03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
(Nice try at not vacuuming your room)

Sorry Pat, but I was thinking the same thing. :) I also thought that the Dyson pet models had excellent filtration to keep dust-spewing to a minimum.

Kathy

patm1313
03-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Hasn't it got the hepa filtration? So it should trap quite small particles. (Nice try at not vacuuming your room)

Haha, very funny. I actually have some disease that maks me constantly want to vacuum my room... But really, I was just concerned. Even I cough a little when the things running, so you can see why I was worried about my corn :).

Sorry Pat, but I was thinking the same thing. :) I also thought that the Dyson pet models had excellent filtration to keep dust-spewing to a minimum.

Kathy

Yah, they do have decent filtration. I just have to vacuum s close to my snake that I get worried.

wade
03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Snakes have evolved to live their lives with their noses about 1cm above the dirt. I bet he can handle the dust in the air better than you can.

Nanci
03-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Haha, very funny. I actually have some disease that maks me constantly want to vacuum my room...

You should get a Roomba and let it vacuum for you every day! You do have to keep the floor picked up, though. I have four, plus one that scrubs the kitchen floor, and I love them.

patm1313
03-14-2008, 07:00 PM
You should get a Roomba and let it vacuum for you every day! You do have to keep the floor picked up, though. I have four, plus one that scrubs the kitchen floor, and I love them.

They are a little bit pricey, and I could never keep my floor picked up. That thing would be sucking up my socks in a matter of hours... :uhoh:

I actually thought that most people would read this thread thinkig that I sucked my corn up with a vacuum cleaner. :eek:. Whenever I see this thread in my CP I think of that. Maybe it's my disturbed mind going off again...