PDA

View Full Version : Anyone come across a corn being sick (not regurge)

Anyone come across a corn being sick (not regurge)

dawny36
03-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I want to know if anyones snake has ever been sick, not regurging but sicking up liquid?
My snake did this earlier and I am really worried, I have made an appointment with the vet for tomorrow but anyone got any ideas until then.
What happened was all of a sudden he made a noise his mouth was wide open and fluid came out then he was ok.
He hasnt eaten for a couple of weeks but I thought it was just because its breeding season, he has been with a female.
He hasnt seemed ill, his temps are 84 degrees warm end.
Any ideas please?

Nanci
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Is it possible he has a respiratory infection? How does his breathing sound?

dawny36
03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for your reply,
His breathing is fine, no noises at all.

miara20
03-18-2008, 01:18 AM
My snake is actually doing the same thing she is what I call blowing bubbles out of her mouth and is having a hard time breathing. I took her to the vet and they gave me shots to give her. She definetly has an upper respitory infection. One of many that she has had in the past.

Susan
03-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Sounds like it's an empty-stomach vomit or regurge. In combination with the loss of appetite, the vet visit is the best thing. Keep us posted!

diamondlil
03-18-2008, 06:56 AM
http://www.herpvetconnection.com/uk.shtml
Try this link to find a reptile vet near you, or ask the place you got your corn from who they recommend.

diamondlil
03-18-2008, 06:59 AM
http://www.herpvetconnection.com/uk.shtml
Try this link to find a reptile vet near you, or ask the place you got your corn from who they recommend.
Whoops, sorry I didn't realise you'd already booked a vet visit. Hope all goes well for you.

dawny36
04-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Hi,
I took my snake to the vet last week because he seemed ok for a while but then he was sick again.
They gave me some baytril injections for a week which he finished and seemed lots better but then he did it again last night but nothing came up.
His stools smells too.
Anyone know what it could be?
I have to go back to vet tomorrow because the vet I see isnt there until then and theres nobody else who deals with snakes.
Can snakes get sickness and diarrhea? and if they can what is the problem and has anyone had it before?
Do you know how it is treated? or what causes it?
He is a lot better but I am still worried.

Susan
04-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Did your vet check a stool sample for parasites? If not, ask that they do it as well as having a sample sent off to be checked for crytosporidium. It may be a bit expensive, but I would highly recommend it being done, if for nothing more than to rule it out.

dawny36
04-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi,
No stool sample wasnt taken but I will ask them to send it tomorrow, I really want to know what this is and hopefully get him sorted out. I hope its nothing too serious.
Thanks
Dawn

Sanebedlam
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I would also recomend taking all the bedding out and putting paper towels in the cage also increase the temp to closer to the higher side of the temp scale for the warm side. As for crypto that is a water born ailment (it can infect humans as well) it isn't all that common and if your snake is being given tap water (likely the same water you are drinking) it shouldn't be much of a risk but hey it is one more thing to get checked but the stool sample will check for more then just that.

dawny36
04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks,
I keep them on paper towel anyway and I have put him seperate and turned temps up, I also give cooled boiled water.
Dawn

Sanebedlam
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
If you do feel there is an issue with the water you need a contious boil for at least 10 minutes from what I have recalled. Cohabbing can also increase the risk of infections.

dawny36
04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks.
I dont think theres an issue with the water, just a precaution.
Also I dont keep any of them together.
Thanks
Dawn