PDA

View Full Version : those of you who breed.........

those of you who breed.........

gekko1
05-15-2002, 12:27 PM
just curious to how many females you have that breed? i'm just wondering if most people just have like three or four females that they breed or or has it gotten out of control.

snakemanone
05-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Just the one at moment,hope for more later,new to this ,bred my pair of corns by mistake last year,havent put them together this year yet dont realy know when is right but judging by the amount of eggs about i'm too late,this is my first visit to this site for a long time,everything is SO differant.

jim
05-16-2002, 09:03 PM
just one corn this year... probably 3 next year....

Clint Boyer
05-16-2002, 10:28 PM
I have 22 females that bred this year, about 12 more females coming up in the next few years. I'm sure I'll also have some keepers from this years hatch. I have plans to get at least one or two more pairs from other folks too.

gekko1
05-16-2002, 11:08 PM
clint, i assume with all the breeders you sell the young. is there a price list on your site? thanks.

Clint Boyer
05-17-2002, 10:17 AM
But I'm not a business by any means. My web site is really just a place to store pics and info on my projects, I don't intend to sell snakes from it (yet ;) ).

With this being a true hobby for me it allows me to be a bit more selective as to how I sell my babies. I really don't have the means to sell snakes and ship them. I'll probably sell wholesale, locally, as much as possible and then do a show or 2 in the fall. I have shipped under certain circumstances but I prefer not to.

Warren
05-17-2002, 09:15 PM
Hey Clint,

With all the breeders you have and new ones coming on line next year, you Must have a NEW building in the works, huh? Sounds like your gonna need one soon! Maybe we should start calling you Little Richard. he...he
Take Care buddy!

L8r,
wc

Clint Boyer
05-18-2002, 12:33 PM
How ya doin' bud?

Well, I am really overcrowded and I'll definately be expanding the shed. I've seen some pretty nice designs from folks on the other forum. I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year or not. Although, I'd hate to have to trim back. I've been going over my projects trying to figure out which ones I'd let go........I can't do it! I've worked too hard to get to where am I now. I've used hets to produce all types of normals and mutations. Now I'm raising up the homozygous animals so I'll have some of everything! The only problem is that every time I think I've got everything I could possibly want, Rich or Don or someone else comes up with something I can't live without.

Such is life!

Susan
05-18-2002, 11:38 PM
13 this year.
20 next year.
Over 30 in 2004.
The numbers just keep rising!!!

Warren
05-22-2002, 06:02 PM
Hey Clint,

I've been out of town and just read your message. Sounds like you are growing by leaps and bounds. When you do get that new building up you will have to share some pics so all of us can see. As much as you seem to be growing, I see shipping in your future.(Using my crystal ball I can see this:)
You know, in order not to see what Rich and Don are doing you may have to restrict visits to there web sites.....but then, how does one resist??? I don't know!

L8r,
wc