PDA

View Full Version : i dont know.

i dont know.

newtocorn
03-18-2008, 04:59 AM
ok im completly new to snakes... i dont know much.. i fed my snake on sunday and have not seen any poop... i actually dont even know what it looks like.. am i supposed to be able to see it? and also.. i asked this but havent found an answer.. how long can i keep frozen mice for.. i bought a pak of 50 and i think my snake will out grow pimkys befoire the 50 are up.. can i feed it 2 at one time.. or do i just feed it more often? thanks for the help guys.. im relly trying to get all the info to the best i can..

Velvet
03-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi There!

Firstly, WELCOME!!! :D

Snake pooh looks alot like bird pooh actually, its usually black with white bits in it. But if you have a little once, the pooh may look more like a dark smudge, depending on the substrate you use...

I am not sure about the frozen mice, I have tons in my freezer that have been 100% after a good few months, but they are in a sealed plastic container.

50 pinks isn't as much as it sounds, especially not if you are feeding your snake once every 5days. Once your snake is a bit bigger, you can feed it two pinks at a time (if the "lump" left from feeding is gone within 24-48hrs, then your snake needs more/bigger food per meal).

Velvet
03-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Hmmm...better description of snake pooh... Black or dark brown with a white bit. :)

Velvet
03-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Found a pic, not the best pic of pooh but at least it gives you an idea! :crazy02: Its on bottom left.

newtocorn
03-18-2008, 01:03 PM
ok thanks for the pics.. ha.. after feeding my snake on sunday about 1 p.m. i couls still see a little bit of a lump this morning.. not real big though.. ill try to take some pics tonite see if you guys can tell me if you think i should feed more..

autumn75
03-18-2008, 01:53 PM
my snake hatchling poohs 2-3 days after a meal. 2 days if the lump is gone in 24 hours, 3 days if lump is gone in 48 hours. my friend's adult corn is the same way. i'd expect for yours to be going tonight or probably tomorrow.

newtocorn
03-18-2008, 02:34 PM
ok.. and am i to scoop out the poop? one more thing.. i think my snkae is beggining to shed.. i see some patches on it were the skinn is peelling.. what am i supposed to do?

Ohana
03-18-2008, 03:04 PM
What type of substrate are you using? If your baby is on newpaper, just change the paper once they go, paper towels the same thing. If your baby is on aspen you might not see it immediately, but when you do you can just spot clean (meaning take out the shavings that the fecal material is on and the surrounding area.). You can do a complete disinfect every week to once a month depending on your circumstance.

Sometimes, hatchlings won't have complete sheds, offer a moist hide for your baby to go into so the humidity will raise and the dry skin will soften for removal. (A moist hide can be as easy as a plastic container with a lid. Cut a hole in the lid for your snake to crawl into and place some damp, not soaking wet, paper towels in the container. Add container to your viv. I usually place mine close to the warm side of the tank but not on the warm side.)

newtocorn
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM
would it be ok do use a disposable plastic cup with a lid.. lay it sideways and put a paper towel in there??

Susielea
03-18-2008, 09:58 PM
would it be ok do use a disposable plastic cup with a lid.. lay it sideways and put a paper towel in there??

That would probably work fine for a small corn. You can also use an old cleaned out margarine tub, ice cream tub, tupperware container, sandwich box or anything else that will hold the moisture in it :) Just make sure there are no sharp edges where you cut the hole, so that your snake can't hurt itself.

Hope that helps,

newtocorn
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
ok thanks a lot..