PDA

View Full Version : Snake simply won't shed.

Snake simply won't shed.

BBirdP
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I tried putting her in a tupperware box with water and paper towers along with the heating pad to keep it humid, but it simply won't do. It didn't work either time that I did it. She still won't shed not even a piece but I can now tell that she needs too. I haven't even found the slightest bit of skin in the cage, but judging by the white scales over her eyes (look to be skin caps) she clearly needs to.. What do I do?

Tula_Montage
03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
You wait... A shed cycle can take upto 2 weeks to complete. If her eyes are cloudy now she will shed within 7 days.... It doesn't happen overnight. The shedding process is a big deal for a snake, so make sure you leave her alone and let her do it herself.

BBirdP
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
It's been many, many months since her last shed now. Her eyes aren't cloudy like they are before a shed. The skin caps are perfectly visible over the eyes. Her skin has looked raggedy for many months and she still won't shed. I've done everything possible..

Tula_Montage
03-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Pictures will help...

Morph Collector
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Just keep the humidity up to recomended levels. It sounds like your snake retained the eye caps on its last shed, and it could be a little bit before the next shed. Can you post a pic? What are your temps in the cage? Can you monitor humidity (with a gauge)? Pics are going to be the best. How long have you had this snake? Were the eyes cloudy when you got it? Are they still cloudy? There are other issues with the "blue" eyes being there for a long time than shedding. Can you give me a little more info so I can see if I am of any help?