PDA

View Full Version : PLease HELP!! my snakes not eating

PLease HELP!! my snakes not eating

Coolsnakes123
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
ive had a cornsnake (Lucy) for 2 almost 3 years now(shes 2-3 years old), shes about 5ft long and eats 2 mice every 2 weeks, its been about a month and a half since shes ate, we have tried giving her 3 different mice(all of which we diddnt touch) and she ignores them like there not even there, she is extremly active and drinks a tone of water.... please help, we love her dearly and dont want anything wrong with her.

JalapenoPeeps
03-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Corn snakes sometimes decide to not eat when winter turns to spring. Dont force it on her, or try and feed her every night, she way stop eating all together if you force it. wait at least a week. Then try again. If she's active and seems healthy, then im sure shes alright.

Coolsnakes123
03-24-2008, 08:08 PM
oka, thanks, cuz shes never done this before, and shes constantly moving

Roy Munson
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
How sure are you that she's a she? Male corns are MUCH more likely to refuse meals at this time of year than females...

JalapenoPeeps
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
How sure are you that she's a she? Male corns are MUCH more likely to refuse meals at this time of year than females...

That to! haha, trust this guy, he knows his stuff!

Coolsnakes123
03-24-2008, 08:50 PM
i know that she is a she becasue whe was probed, and the shape of her tail

JalapenoPeeps
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Well, then just give it a week and try again.

Coolsnakes123
03-24-2008, 08:58 PM
mmmy thanks fo the advice :)

Roy Munson
03-24-2008, 09:03 PM

Tail shape is inconclusive, and probing mistakes aren't unheard of. But assuming she's a female, and assuming that she's hasn't been with a male, she still could be preparing to drop a clutch of infertile eggs (slugs). I'd give her a moist lay-box full of moss to facillitate this and prevent an egg-binding situation.

Lennycorn
03-24-2008, 09:24 PM
she still could be preparing to drop a clutch of infertile eggs (slugs). I'd give her a moist lay-box full of moss to facillitate this and prevent an egg-binding situation.

I didn't know a female corn could get egg-binding by slugs.
You learn something new every day. Thank you.
Is this a generally practice with unbred females or just a step you take when you think a problem may arise?

Morph Collector
03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
From what I understand corns (and most snakes) are more likely to have issues with the slugs. From what I have read 80% of the time binds are slugs that didn't want to come out. So if shes going to lay some, make it as easy on her as you can. I hope the best!

Morph Collector
03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
The binds that aren't caused by premature breeding that is... sorry (can't figure out how to edit my posts.

Susan
03-25-2008, 06:28 AM
The binds that aren't caused by premature breeding that is... sorry (can't figure out how to edit my posts.

Just to prevent you from going crazy trying to figure out how to edit your posts...you can't unless you become a Contributing Member. The ability to edit is one of the little perks.

Morph Collector
03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Just to prevent you from going crazy trying to figure out how to edit your posts...you can't unless you become a Contributing Member. The ability to edit is one of the little perks.

Thanks for the heads up... I gave up trying after the first five seconds, but at least not I won't keep lookin ;) Call me lazy if you must...

Talinea
03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Hello!
Even if your girl won't lay eggs/slugs it is possible for females to be active and not-eating like males, I heard about some cases this year.

Keep cool, give her an egg-laying box (just to be sure) and keep an eye on her.

If you feel she's looking weak, thin or someway strange don't hesitate to call a vet, but as long as she looks healthy and fine don't worry :)