PDA

View Full Version : Strange Lump

Strange Lump

highcolorcorns
03-31-2008, 02:14 AM
Hey guys, looking for some help. I have a nice 2007 Butter female. weight is 20grams has been eating great on the Munson Plan. She has a very noticable "lump" that is dark in color in the stomach area. Last feeding day for this snake was 3/12/08. I have all snakes in a rack system w/helix thermostat set on 82 degrees. All others in rack have no digestion problems. Water is available, on aspen bedding with hides. Snake is still very active and is not refusing to eat, but will regurge if she eats.

If pictures are needed, I'll get'em for you!!! Thanks!

Jrgh17
03-31-2008, 02:27 AM
Pics needed.

Also, could you describe how you feed?

Jcapicy
03-31-2008, 08:58 AM
go to vet if at all possible!

highcolorcorns
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
I have been feeding every 5 days since October. Oct-Nov. Single pinks Dec-double pinks and Jan-present has been fuzzies. I take each snake out of their bins and put each in another clean bin with no substrate and feed.
I'm trying to get the camera to cooperate, bet I can describe at the time is it looks like it has eaten a pinky and just not digested yet. The lump is soft.

highcolorcorns
04-14-2008, 01:25 AM
sorry, here's the some pics. That's about the best I can get by myself. Snake is still very active, drinking water regularly. Haven't tried letting her eat again, do you think I should let her eat or not?? I figure regurging isn't healthy, and probably better to avoid it.

Jrgh17
04-14-2008, 01:30 AM
If (s)he hasn't eaten since 3/12... there's no way that could be undigested food. You need to go to the vet right away.

highcolorcorns
04-14-2008, 02:19 AM
someone out there surely has had the same problem before... I've done things that I can think of, like massaging around the area, soaking in warm water. Any more suggestions on thing I can do. Just the gas alone to the herp vet is going to cost more than the snake, I'm sure that sounds terrible to some people. Sorry.

highcolorcorns
04-14-2008, 02:31 AM
UPDATE:
ok, snake did go to bathroom (just alittle) the lump has changed. The lump is still present, but now it's split in half. Is there anything I can give her..such as a natural laxative?

Cat_Eyed_Lady
04-14-2008, 02:33 AM
WEll, I do actually have this problem at the moment. She is a little flourecent orange and I got her out of the egg so I wasnt sure exactly what to expect so.... she was eating fine til we started moving up on sizes... then I would get the bump like that when the meal should have been gone. On feeding days she looked that I wouldnt give her any and wait for the next feeding day and its usually gone. I learned to wait because I did try to feed when she had the bump and I ended up with a regurge. Now since I have been doing it this way .... no bump = feed.... still bump = skip til next time.... and she is starting to do much better. I will mention one thing I also changed... most of mine get back heat in the tubs... as soon as I moved her so that she was getting belly heat, that seemed to help her alot in digesting better :) Might want to give that a try? :)

highcolorcorns
04-14-2008, 05:28 AM
thanks..just strange that it just now happened. They all have been in the rack for at least 6 months. I'm willing to try anything. I do use all back heat, so I'll hook up a small UTH and see what happens. Don't think I can do too much more harm. If she can't eat she'll die anyway, might as well try whatever I can. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Cat_Eyed_Lady
04-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Hope it works for you. I dont know too much about uth's but make sure it doesnt get any warmer than 82 :) Thats what I have to keep this little one at... took abit but seems to be working for her. Good luck :)