PDA

View Full Version : snow corn feces problem?

snow corn feces problem?

jong1821
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
i have had my snow corn for about four months and its feces has never looked like any of my other snakes. it almoast looks like a pile of undigested organs. i asked a guy i know and he said i was feeding it too much(every 5 days) so i changed to once a week. no change. any ideas would help.

wade
04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I have a few snakes that do that on occasion. I have never really studied the pile but I have seen what looks like intestines. I have never felt like it was a problem however and the snakes have not shown any problems.

I doubt that it is related, but my snow corns are by far the worst smelling of my snakes. When they go, everyone in the county knows it.

Bram
04-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Have you tried cutting the mice before feeding? I haven't had your issue, all the poops I've seen look like little brown piles of poo, but if bits are being passed undigested cutting might aid digestion enough to make the difference. There are a number of threads here on the subject.

Cat_Eyed_Lady
04-02-2008, 02:48 AM
At 4 months old a 5 day feeding schedule is correct :) It is just how he/she goes is all. I have quite a few that go like that but never any problems with them. I do agree with Wade about the snows smelling stronger though. I have no idea why but PU! I am sure he/she is fine and you can continue the 5 day schedule :)

jong1821
04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
:spinner:thanks for the input, it is much appreciated. i will try cuting the mouse next feeding to see if it changes. its a relief to know that there is nothing seriously wrong with my snow corn. this is the first corn i have owned and am loving it. i have 13 other snakes and lizards and this one is by far one of my favorites.:spinner:

snakewispera snr
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I can't add anything to the poo problem/anomaly....... But I'd love to see what else you got.....In introductions or general chat......Pics please