• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NEED TO CHANGE FEEDING DAY

svt*girl

Ok so we have had our snake about 3 or 4 weeks. We have been feeding him every Monday the whole time but we realized that is a bad day to feed him b/c we are gone through the weekend (but we leave Friday so we give him fresh water then and Sunday when we come back) but what we have realized is we need to change his feeding day to Friday. That way he can be left alone and digest through the weekend and when we come back we will actually be able to handle him throughout the week when we are there. Right now we don't handle him much Sunday when we get back b/c we feed him Monday, then don't handle him again til around Thursday....so I know I'm making this sound more complicated but basically what I'm saying is we only get to handle him like 2 days with us being gone on the weekend. What is the best way to go about changing his feeding day? We have started him on fuzzies (although it seemed a little big) so we were thinking of just feeding him a pinky Monday, then one or two pinkies Friday......then continue feeding him Fridays from that point on.....I know we shouldn't completely skip Monday b/c he will be going too long without eating. Does this sound like a good idea?? To feed a smaller one Monday so Friday it won't be too much? Any help is much appreciated thanks! Also if you want to you can refer to my older posts about when we changed him to fuzzies b/c that's why we were thinking of two pinkies Friday....b/c the Fuzzy seemed a little too big.

The post is a little confusing, but I think you're asking if it's ok to change the feeding day? If so, yes it's ok.
Just go on with feeding regularly don't change the size. Skip Monday's feeding and just feed 2 pinks on Friday and then go back to 1.

Yes looking back at my post it is a little confusing haha. I guess I was trying to go into too much detail but yes what I want to know is if its ok to change feeding days and if I should go ahead and feed a small meal Monday then feed again Friday or just skip Monday altogether. Thanks! :)

Yes I hate to make him wait til Friday to eat so if it is ok I would rather feed him a small meal tonight or Monday. So either way is ok??

I wouldn't feed four days apart. I'd either feed his regular meal tonight, or just wait till Friday. _I_ would feed his regular meal tonight.

I wouldn't worry - it's all good advice above. I have 15 Corns and a good bout of flu can make feeding days slip by up to a week.

There's a bit less room for manoeuvre with a little chap, but they don't know what day it is, so don't sweat it. You're the one with the diary!

Back