PDA

View Full Version : advice on post regurge feeding schedule

advice on post regurge feeding schedule

babsfish
04-11-2008, 10:20 AM
HI All,
So my snake( 20 gram hatchling) regurged so I did my research on the CS.com FAQ page and did the standard regurge protocal .So far (fingers crossed) things have been good. After the regurge I waited 8 days gave him a pinky head, he kept that down, waited 7 days gave him another pinky head, he kept it down then waited 7 days gave him 1 small whole pinky. So far things look good.Here is my question. How long should i feed him small pinkies before I move up the large pinky size he was eating prior to the regurge. I mean i could have missed it when I was reading the FAQ page but any advice would be good. Thanks for all your help!
~babs:)

Nanci
04-11-2008, 01:46 PM
What I did with my guy that regurged was after I got him back on whole pinks, I cut the first two of those into thirds, but fed the whole thing, then moved to halves, and gradually increased the size of the pinks. I don't have plans on stopping cutting his pinks in half any time soon. Oh, and I dunk his pinks in Nutribac for every meal, too. Jasper probably thinks he's getting twice as much as the other hatchlings, plus he gets a nice shower under the faucet when he's done, too!

I used to make cutting the pinks into pieces and thawing them a big ordeal, but now I just thaw the pink and cut it in half with a small scissors. It's not particularly messy.

So I guess if I were you, I'd cut the pinks in half and just move up to a little larger size each time till he's back to his previous meal size, but I'd continue to cut them for a while even then.

babsfish
04-11-2008, 05:20 PM
thanks for the advice!