PDA

View Full Version : Refusals

Refusals

Dude123
04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
My little male has refused his last two feedings, the first on april 5th, and the second on his next scheduled feed day, the 10th. He was in blue on the 10th, but nothing on the 5th. He has never refused a feeding for me before, even if he was in blue. I have had him since September 07, and he was born in july 07. Does anybody have any ideas to get him to eat again? His temps are the same as they have always been according to the thermometers, and I use a thermostat. I can give any details needed, including a detailed feeding schedule including mouse size if required. For now I will weigh him every week to monitor for weight loss, but is there anything else I can do? Thanks in advance.

Nanci
04-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I think I'd just try him again after he sheds- that's probably it. Probably the first time he refused he was just going blue, but you couldn't tell yet.

Sanebedlam
04-11-2008, 02:12 PM
He may just be hunger striking he seems a bit young for it but maybe he is an early bloomer and wanting go get his game on with the ladies! I would keep up with the feeding schedule you are on. You could eventually decrease the size of the feeders if he starts loosing weight to see if that sparks things off. Is there anything significant that might have changed to coincide with his refusal to feed?

Dude123
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking Nanci, but he has never refused before while in blue.

Sane, I can't think of anything that would have made him stop eating besides the arrival of spring here over the last couple weeks. We went from blizzards in early march to 15 celsius a few days ago, and the temp is bouncing around, but his tank had pretty muched stayed at the same temp both hot and cold.

Nanci
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
http://tinyurl.com/6yqyzc

It can happen to anyone...