PDA

View Full Version : Mites and Nix

Mites and Nix

Dirk94
04-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Okay, now, I just saw a black bug crawling around on Cadayle, so i squished it. It indeed did leave a blood smear, so i know she has mites. I don't see any crawling around in her cage or anything, so it can't be that bad of a case. Thing is, she is only a baby (maybe 1 or 2 months) and i was wondering how to treat it. I am planning on using the nix solution that i saw in a post, although i will delude it a little further.
Thanks,
Dirk

Jay@PJCReptiles
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Dirk,
I am the one who posted the "NIX Formula". I would suggest following the directions exactly. If you dilute it further it may not have the effect that you are after. This formula will be just fine for your youngster. I wouldn't change a thing. Hope everything works out for you.
Jay :cool:

Dirk94
04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
ok thank-you!

Dirk94
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
ok well, i bought the nix and followed your instructions exactly, except instead of a mister i used a water bottle with holes poked in the cap (i couldn't find any spray bottles without chemicals in them) It worked fine though, and Cadayle seems to be doing okay. She isn't dead, so that's good! Thanks again.

wade
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm glad she isn't dead, that is a good thing. I have used the Nix treatment and had good success with it.

Be really thoro (theral, thurel, ) (how do you spell that?) The mites will hide in the cracks of the cage and lay eggs and be back next week. Really watch for them and be sure to treat everything.