• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Odd nose spot (pictures included)

zeeboismysnake

Rain rain go away...
I've noticed an odd brownish spot and some flaking scales around Zeebo's nose lately. I recently built a rack for the snakes and noticed an odd odor whenever i opened the cage. It also seemed hotter and more humid, my guess is it was heat coming from the shelf above's flexwatt (I had some early problems and had it turned way up so i could tell easily if it was on or not, the temperature has since been turned down). I drilled some more air holes in the tub and the problem went away. Could the humidity be the cause of the spot/flaking? Will it go away with his next shed? Thanks in advance

Does it look like this?

JakeArrives008_800.jpg

When I got Big Jake, his nose was like that, and I thought he'd rubbed it or something was wrong with him, and then he shed the next day and his nose was perfect again. I'd just never seen one get to...icky.

Yeah, it looks a bit like that but certainly hasn't spread that far. Thanks, its comforting to know it'll probably just shed off :)

Back