PDA

View Full Version : first meal with ease

first meal with ease

JadasMommi
05-03-2008, 10:59 PM
:dancer: I am just thrilled. I know this really isnt a feeding problem, but I just had to share that Jada had her first meal tonight! She knew exactlty what going in the feeding tub was meant for! She perched herself up, saw the bag with the mouse and just wriggled with excitement. In less than a couple minutes she had that snake down with ease! What a good eater my little jada is! Im so happy lol!! I was very anxious because I know snakes are stubborn and can have eating issue's, so with my luck I would have had a snake that was a finicky eater! Yay Jada! (now lets hope this never changes)

Pasodama
05-04-2008, 08:19 AM
In less than a couple minutes she had that snake down with ease!

At first I was wondering just why your snake's first meal was a snake. Had to re-read your post ... and realized it must have been an error.:D

It is always a great feeling when a new snake takes its first meal.
Congrats on a successful first feeding.:)

JadasMommi
05-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Haha!! I didn't realize even when re-reading before I posted! Yeah, my snake did NOT eat a snake. LOL

Weebonilass
05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Considering that most experienced snake owners/breeders, including those on this site, will tell you to wait 4 or 5 days before feeding your new snake the first time, Í'm glad you didn't have any regruge issues. Congrads.

LBoz
05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Yay, Jada! I just gave my first feed a few days ago, so I could absolutely feel your excitement in your post. It was amazing to watch. Congrats on your new baby and her first feeding!

JadasMommi
05-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I waited 2 days before feeding her. But if i had waited the normal 4-6 days, it would have been 2 weeks with out any food. I also decided it would be a good time as well, because for today (sunday) and tommorow I won't be home much, so that gives her some nice alone time quiet too, to digest. I just checked on her tonight, and everything seems normal. In fact she was quite excited to see me, and as much as i wanted to just hold her for a few minutes, I just let her be :) I do appriciate your concerning comment. Thank you Weebonilass!

Maize411
05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Congrats on the successful feeding :)

patm1313
05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Congratulations.