PDA

View Full Version : not eating

not eating

vietmata
05-14-2008, 07:19 PM
i have a regular female corn she was 24 inches but she has shrunk to 21".i recently swiched her to a 20 long and she wont eat i placed alot of hides and coverd the sides of the tank.nothings working.i cant put her in the 10 gallon because its occupoed by my other snake male.so comments r much needed.ive herd of male hunger strike but is there a female hunger strike?

alan
05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
How long has it been since the last successful feeding?
How long has it been since switching tanks?
Shrank 3" in length? Are you sure?

Susan
05-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Do you have some sort of a feeding tray or tub that you use at dinner time for your snake? Many people use a separate feeding tub outside of the snake's viv. There are several reasons for this, such as not having to worry about the snake ingesting viv substrate, consistent surroundings for feeding (helpful for preventing situations like you are facing now), and a smaller and easier to clean area for feeding (very helpful for hatchlings).

vietmata
05-19-2008, 02:59 PM
last sucessful feed i think was on 4-23-08 but then it regurged 2 days later n yes i feed it in a different tub.

vietmata
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
omg after a horrible month my girl has finally ate.it was a fuzzy.the bad part is i had to brain it.this was very hard because it was live.if u have any tips on euthanizing please let me know.lets just hope my girl keeps the fuzzy down n dosent regurge.