• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I need help with feeding!

taedrarmy

Hi, I have not been able to get my snake Dizzy to eat since I brought him home. I have had four unsuccessful feedings and am starting to get worried. All four times have been F/T pinky mice. I've tried in the tank, in a shoe box, warming the pinky in warm water,making it bleed a little and I am not sure what to do. After the first try I gave him 3 days before I tried again and then another 3 and then 4. After the third try I gave him an entire week and never handled him and bothered him as little as possible. The substrate temps are at 85 on one side and about 78 on the other side. Is there anything else I can try? or is there something I am doing wrong?

Try this. Make the pink as hot as your tap water can get. Some people even dunk them in boiling water for a second. Cut four slits in the back of the pinky. Put the snake and the pink in a small container (with air holes) like the size of a margerine cup for a small hatchling. Cover it up and leave him completely alone for at least an hour without peeking. If he hasn't eaten in an hour, place the whole thing back in his viv overnight. I feed after sundown.I think waiting four days between attempts is long enough at this point.

Was he feeding successfully before you got him? On what?

Back