PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully a picture of my normal....

Hopefully a picture of my normal....

Solaris16
03-27-2002, 06:44 PM
Hello Everyone!

I hope this works! This is a picture of my 10 month old Okeetee (?) corn snake in his tree! Wendy :)

Solaris16
03-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Yay! *Happy dances!* It worked! Now I will try another, but it might be too big to load here. If it does, this is a picture of Sunny during a feeding, he still thinks I have the mouse! He is so funny! Wendy :D

Solaris16
03-27-2002, 06:55 PM
I took this one in the same feeding as the last picture. Sorry for the quality, but has this ever happened to any of you before? The mouses nose was stretching Sunny's skin so far I was afraid to watch. For about 2 seconds, it was a little worse than in the picture. I know that there is no avoiding this, but how often does it happen? Thanks! Wendy :D

Simon
03-28-2002, 12:43 AM
Wow, nice pics you got there!

but then the photos are a bit too big.....next time you post photos try and make it a bit smaller......hahah
but really nice snake!

Solaris16
03-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi Simon!

Could you try and explain to me how to post smaller pictures? I'm technolically impaired and couldn't figure out how to do that if my life depended on it! Thanks! Wendy :)

Kevin M
03-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Not sure how much HTML Rich's site supports in messages. But if you know any HTML you can always regulate the height/width in the address of the pics.

Though, The easiest way would be to just take lower resolution pictures. Im taking for granted your using a digital camera?

-Kev

Solaris16
03-28-2002, 07:07 PM
Yes, I'm using a digital camera. I will set it at a lower quality from now on when I am taking pictures to post on here. Come to think of it, I posted a lower quality picture in the "Test" section and it was a smaller size, great! Thanks! Wendy :)

Iris
03-28-2002, 08:41 PM
i'm not sure if your digital camera is like my camera, but i use the "best" quality option and then when i upload the pics onto my computer, i open them up into paint (which I assume you have)
There's a "stretch/skew" option under "Image" and you can shrink it 50% horizontal, 50% vertical or more/less depending on how big/small you want it. You jsut have to make sure you use the same numbers for horizontal and vertical or the picture will come out all weird. Maybe there's an easier way to do it but...that's how I shrunk my pictures.
If there is an easier way, can someone please tell me?

Kevin M
03-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Not sure how many resolutions your camera has Wendy but whichever one comes out to a 480 by 640 pixel size is usually good enough.

-Kev

lynn
03-31-2002, 10:25 AM
Really cute. Sometime's my snake swallow's them funny as well in fact she often swallow's them backward's.:)

Simon
03-31-2002, 05:49 PM
you can always edit the picture with adobe photoshop. Take the picture with your digi cam with the highest quality (this would usally lead to high file size then just edit the size with photoshop. All you need to do is open the file and adjust the image size and it'll work.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Kevin M
03-31-2002, 10:32 PM
Simon is correct. You can always edit whatever picture you take with photoshop, PSP or any other image editing software. Though it sure is alot easier to just take the picture at the correct size. :)

-Kev

KRIZ
01-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Is that an Okeetee???

Ihave a snake exactly like that. I thought mine was an Okeetee, but just now somebody told me that it was probably just a normal. :cry:

He has really thick black lines around his markings and is very brightly colored.

Do you think mine could be an okeetee then?

KRIZ
01-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Here is a pic of silas, do you think he is okeetee ?

Does he look like yours?

Thanks

robertwallace
01-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Cool pics! :cheers:

Felix the snake
01-03-2005, 01:14 PM
KRIZ, hello :wavey:

Silas is a normal. Why the tears??? It doesn't matter what ypur snake is called (morph wise) as long as YOU love your snake!!!!!!!!!!

And a message to solaris too :wavey: ... That pinkie in the picture looks purple. DO NOT FEED YOUR SNAKE BLUE/PURPLE MICE!!! It means that it has been dead BEFORE it was collected and the collector probably just slung it in a bag with the others. It's like us eating a beef-burger that came from a cow that was dead for days before it was made.

NOT healthy!!!

Bin discoloured mice.

Andy :)