• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quick question bout feeding/sheding. HELP

Hey all,
How is everyone doing. Good I hope. Guess its a busy season for all the egges being layed. Anyways, I have a problem. Anubis is suppose to shed in 2 days. He been sheding every 44 days excatly since I got him over a year ago. But he still hasn't gone in blue yet, unless I missed it but I dont' think so. He is suppose to be fed tonite but dont' know what to do. I am afraid he will shed after eating. But if he dont' shed then I don't want to make him wait to eat. AGGGGG Any help would be greatly appreciated. He is due to be feed in a hr our 2. So someone PLEASE HELP. lol Tks.

P.S. A Update on Anubis/Tank will be posted soon with pics.

I think I would feed.
My snake doesn't eat in blue, I've tried a few times. Some other people's snakes eat anyway. I've seen people post that feeding prompted a shed when their snake was "after blue".
If it's a problem feeding in blue your Anubis should be big enough to handle a longer wait.

Edit: Every 44 days exactly?

The 44 day interval will just be a fluke - they don't shed to order, just when they need to (which will vary over a lifetime).

Offer food and if he doesn't eat then wait a few days and offer more. Some eat while blue, some don't - it's an individual thing.

Anubis is a lil pig. lol I got no worries bout him not eating. lol I went ahead a fed him cause there is still no sigh of him goin in blue, and being the lil piggy that he is he ate it in no time at all. and he was still lookin for more. i guess he is gonna start goin long now. i knew it was goin to happen just not when. lol. thks for the help.

Back