PDA

View Full Version : We Say Goodbye....

We Say Goodbye....

g124v17y
05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
We say goodbye this morning, to Spot. He was my first corn snake. We went through a shed together, a regurgitation, and many feedings. He was a great pet. He was friendly and excited, and curious as well. I am very sad to have lost such a good friend.

On the side of his body there is a green patch of scales. (he is fully red) Also, if I hold him to the light, I can see that the green patch goes into his body. Was my snake the victim of a parasite? Or did something burst inside?

Thank you all for your help,
Sam

TWGarland
05-27-2008, 10:00 AM
The green patch your describing, although usually more visable on the belly, is probably the gall bladder. It releases fluid post mortem, after death, so it would have had very little to do with why your snake died.

Sorry to hear of your loss

Tom

g124v17y
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
ah ok I understand. thanks for the response

Rich in KY
05-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Sorry for you loss :awcrap:

R.I.P. Spot

Susielea
05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, I know what you're going through, as I lost three youngsters like this at the beginning of this year :( The vet put it down to "failure to thrive" which sometimes happens, mother nature can be cruel.

Please don't let this put you off of getting another corn, as it sounds like you would give it a great life in your care :)

Best wishes,

AlbinoRedBoy
05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
R.I.P. SPOT :(