PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever experienced this before?

Anyone ever experienced this before?

mommynansley
05-29-2008, 09:06 AM
[COLOR="DimGray"][F] OK, I'm sure that I will get lectured for this, but I have to ask. Occasionally, as a "treat" (because my baby loves it) I will feed my snakes a live green anole. This weekend I did just that, and the baby stalked the lizard for a bit, then he struck it, wrapped around it, and constricted it. But when he wrapped around the lizard, he somehow ended up bending the lizard almost in half backwards. I really thought that the lizard was going to bust open and shoot it's guts out, but it didn't. After constricting for a while, the baby decided to go ahead and swallow the lizard, but rather than moving around to it's head, my snake swallowed the lizard with it bent in half... I have never seen anything like this! He didn't seem to have any problems getting the lizard down, other than taking a little bit longer than usual. :shrugs:

My other snake will typically swallow his pinkies from the wrong end, and takes them down butt first... Is this common as well?

kman7183
05-29-2008, 09:55 AM
in regards to your snake taking it's pinky butt first is fine both of my corns and mbk will take them backwards ae with the anole issue i could'nt tell you i've never fed my guys anything but mice.

TWGarland
05-29-2008, 10:05 AM
By feeding live Anoles your probably risking exposing your snake to all sorts of internal parasites etc. Not a good idea.

And yeah, its fine for pinks to be eaten butt-first, when the mice get some hair your snake will start eating them head first everytime ;)

All the best

Tom