PDA

View Full Version : New snake...When to feed?

New snake...When to feed?

doortech9
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
So, I got another little guy last night and i was wondering... when should i get around to feeding him? He hasnt eaten for 8 days and i dont think he was eating too much at the breeders house. I Know that you are supposed to leave them alone for a week but i was wondering if i could give him a few days and then feed the little guy, I dont want him to be hungry! But if it would stress him out i will wait. Hes a little terror right now and i hope to get that out of his system before too long.... Thanks.

Josh

Sanebedlam
05-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Give him 5-7 days i would say.

Nanci
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
And also do not handle him- all that does is stress him. After his first meal, after waiting 48 hours, then you can handle him. And if you don't see him now, even for days, please resist checking up on him.

doortech9
05-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll leave him be for a while. Its so hard, cause he just burrows away, and i cant tell if hes still in there. Heh, paranoid i guess, cause i know his viv is tight. Thanks for the suggestions, ill be fighting the urge to dig around for him :)

Josh

Nanci
05-29-2008, 09:35 PM
I know the feeling...

png_lovebirds
05-29-2008, 11:37 PM
The two corns that arrived yesterday happened to arrive on feeding day! The female that I bought was a lot skinnier that I expected...so I decided to let her try to feed if she wanted. I planned on giving her 10 min max. But I've never seen a Corn strike so fast at a mouse!!!

She arrived at my house at 1030 and we did feedings that night. So, she had many hours to relax before we offered her a mouse!

I normally wait a week before feeding....but like I said, she was skinnier than I liked.

Sarynkitamo
05-29-2008, 11:59 PM
I waited just over a week before feeding Jasper, making it 2 weeks since the feeding before I got her. Ate just fine and wasn't any worse for the wear. That was 5 days ago, and I plan to feed her tonight.

Still, as recommended, wait 5-7 days.