PDA

View Full Version : My snake is going opaque

My snake is going opaque

kellum
05-18-2002, 01:22 PM
How long after her eyes go full blue will she shed? Is there anything special I should do? Thanks!

Keith

kenalotia
05-18-2002, 02:08 PM
The time between the blue-eyed stage and the shed depends on the size of the snake. The larger the snake, the longer the whole process takes. The eyes may stay blue for a couple days, and then they will go back to normal. After that, it may be only a day later until a small snake will shed. It will take maybe three for a larger snake. Keep in mind that they are all a little different, so it may take yours a little bit more or less time to shed.

If you want to help her out a little, increase the humidity. Low humidity will cause a bad shed - one that comes off in many pieces, or even leaves a little of the old skin on the snake. Mist the cage, or take her out and give her a lukewarm or room-temperature bath. Make sure it's not too warm - what feels nice and warm to us is really way above a snake's comfort level, since they get their body temperature from their environment.

pdrau
05-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Something that I read here that worked for my ghost was to put her in a pillow case with a coarse wet towel for 15 minutes a couple days after her eyes cleared. She shed a few hours later with no problems.