PDA

View Full Version : White Snake's Look Dirty?

White Snake's Look Dirty?

mcifaldi
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Hi every one i need your help some of my white Corn morphs look dirty, Brown dirty spots on them almost like they were in beda beast substrate I keep all my corns in aspen bedding so im not sure what it is. Could this be a fungus, bugs, mites??? any one else have this problem?

mcifaldi
06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
BUMP any one ?

Roy Munson
06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Photos would help. I have a couple of blizzards, a couple of albino kings, and a few other whitish snakes, but I don't notice the problem you're describing. I keep mine on aspen. :shrugs:

Jadie.Glitch
06-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Is this a new development, or were they born with it?

mcifaldi
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
this is something that I noticed recently here are the pics i dont know what it is and I hope the rest of my collection doesnt get it what ever it is.

houtz335
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
To me it sorta looks likes mites but im not sure.

Raiyne
06-03-2008, 11:57 PM
It's hard to tell but it kinda looks like missing scales. You can see better than I can from the photos, though. I'm not sure what would even cause lost scales, let alone how to treat it.

TWGarland
06-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Does it have any/more of those marks on the belly?

Cam5
06-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Is it getting worse?
Are the spots moving or fixed?
Has the snake had any shedding problems?

Jessicat
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
To me it sorta looks likes mites but im not sure.

No, it looks absolutely nothing like mites at all.

Uhhmmm unless all of those spots are burns or a skin infection or some other unlikely thing I think you may have a paradox snow on your hands.

Jessicat
06-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Hrm, i just thought of something else. Is that what scale rot looks like?

TWGarland
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
No, it looks absolutely nothing like mites at all.

Uhhmmm unless all of those spots are burns or a skin infection or some other unlikely thing I think you may have a paradox snow on your hands.

In the OP's initial post he/she describes the marks being present on more than one snake.

If i were to guess i'd think scale rot or fungal infection, that is if those marks are also present on the belly.

Roy Munson
06-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I think it looks like discoloration due to some kind of fungus or mild infection of some sort. If that was my snake, I'd be keeping it in dry conditions, on paper towel substrate, at slightly elevated temps (88* or so).

wade
06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I think it looks like a fungus too. Try an alcohol swab and see if you can wipe it off. Look close at other snakes. If all your "white snakes" have it I bet the others do too.

Has anyone shed lately? Does it shed off?

mcifaldi
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
No there are no spots on the belly just from the head to the tail as far as getting worse some spots look bigger.

mcifaldi
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
just looked over the rest of the white snakes i have i notice that it starting on my albino lav cal king nothing on the bubble gum the blizzards or my opals so it has to be fungal. now if its fungal how do i kill it ?

wade
06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
First, make sure you have dry climate and bring temps up a little. No wet substraight, no spilled water bowls. After that ???

I'd try Tinactin or some kind of athaletes foot powder. A good bleach wash should kill what is in the cages but would be a little harsh on the snakes.

Will it come off the animals. Can you scrape it or clean it with water?

mcifaldi
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Temps are running at 87 degrees on all 3 racks and i room air temp is at 68 degrees im in the basement of my new house just moved in havent built any walls yet to enclose a space for my rack room every one gets new dry aspen every sunday when i feed, i feed in feeding tubs marked with the snake that goes in that tub, after feeding during the week any tipped over water dishes are refilled and bedding is replaced. once a month I remove all the snakes and place them in there feeding tubs and wash out there tubs with a bleach water and dawn antibacterial soap rise dry and and replace the bedding.
I have tried to rub it off with a damp wash cloth and it does not come off.

Jadie.Glitch
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Just checking up. I'm curious as to how things are going. Did the problem clear up for you yet?? Was it fungal after all?