PDA

View Full Version : Not a corn snake, but still need an opinion I have an EMERGENCY

Not a corn snake, but still need an opinion I have an EMERGENCY

Carinata
06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
My Taiwan beauty snake was in shed and I was putting some Duct tape on his large tupper wear container he came out and got stuck on the tape. I ran him and the tape under water but a little shed came off. He is still in the blue phase and help would be appriciated. It examined the snake and he looked clear. But I would like to know what you think or what I should do!!!!

alan
06-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I think it's good your snake was getting ready to shed and as long as the tape is off of the new skin I would do nothing. It might shed in a few pieces due to the broken "old skin".
That tape is so sticky it's scary to have it around a snake's habitat. Maybe you should only use it to fix the car.

kathylove
06-04-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't think there is anything you can do for now. If he is not completely healed after the shed, he may quickly go into another shed.

For future reference, it is best to avoid duct tape anywhere near snakes - they seem to manage to get stuck no matter how tightly you stick it down. But if they do get stuck on any tape, vegetable oil is the best way to get it off.