PDA

View Full Version : A Little worried...

A Little worried...

rivernamir
06-04-2008, 11:44 PM
My 8 month old Corn snake Kate has just refused her third feeding. I know that when they miss one or two it is not the end of the world, but I am still starting to feel a little apprehensive... I waited a week after the first refusal and then five days after the second...How long should I wait now? Her temps have been almost perfect due to the warm weather we have been having and she is still drinking. She's not getting ready to shed in so far as I can tell. So, Is there anything else I can try? I read about lizard scenting but i dont really know how to go about catching a lizard...so i guess my question is, when do i worry? And what should I do? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Maize411
06-04-2008, 11:56 PM
How long are you keeping the snake and pinkie together?

Try putting the snake in a small breathable container in a closet or dark spot of a room overnight with the pinkie. Sometimes it takes a snake a while for them to want to eat the pinkie..Good luck and I hope this works for you..Also make sure temps are good..for eating and digestion the temp should be around 85 degrees..

highcolorcorns
06-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I have a pair of milk snakes that do the same thing.. First go with the small container as described above. I take the pinky and warm it up(run it under hot water, or hold it under a heat lamp) don't cook it, just warming it. Then I have to "brain it" if they still won't eat.

The milks refuse to eat unless the pinky is warmed up. This is something that I just finally figured out. All of my others are fine with it just being thawed out and room temps. Try it and see.