PDA

View Full Version : Serpwidgets: Thanks!

Serpwidgets: Thanks!

Taceas
07-08-2003, 02:15 AM
Your suggestion of feeding half-fuzzies seems to be working. =)

Since your reply to my post about morphs and growth rates, I've been feeding the smaller individuals 2 pinkies and a half fuzzy each meal. And I've already noticed them starting to grow and bulk up in the month that I've been doing this. If they keep this up, I might be able to get them off the pinks entirely. For those out there who thinks that if they're on two pinks, they should be ready for a whole fuzzy. I wouldn't say quite yet. They can fit more prey items in their stomach's lengthwise, rather than bigger around. But if they keep it up, might be able to upgrade them to one whole fuzzy cut in half per snake.

It took some a while to get used to the "oozing" meals, but the trick I've learned is, put the cut side down so it appears to be a whole mouse to the snake. If the cut side is up, none of mine will eat them. Then again, I don't blame them.

My charcoal, who was the one behind everyone else, is now starting to catch up with the rest of the gang. I really need to get a good digital scale to measure their weight accurately and put that in my records.

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your suggestion, as it seems to be working great for me. =)