PDA

View Full Version : oh no, help! poo, or regurge!

oh no, help! poo, or regurge!

SquamishSerpents
06-12-2008, 04:03 AM
well as i went to give Milly fresh water today, i opened the front door of her viv and was greeted by a funny smell. i sniffed my way to inside her little pirate ship, and this is what i found; regurge, or poo? the smell may have just been fresh poo, but then again i've never smelled fresh poo, nor a regurge, so i guess i'll just have to go by looks. the stuff on the white background is what came out as i started to rinse the ornament. can anyone help me out?

TWGarland
06-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Tis a tad weird looking, but i think thats a poop. The white parts are called urates. A regurge smells foul, a poop smells like well poop and i'm sure you know what that smells like :-puke02:

All the best
Tom

Nanci
06-12-2008, 05:30 AM
That's poo. Poo doesn't smell great, it's just that regurges smell SO much worse. Like a dead body. Poo just smells like really strong musky snake.

kcaven
06-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Is it just me or has there been an alarmingly high rate of pictues of poo on this site lately??/ LOL:grin01:

Nanci
06-12-2008, 06:43 AM
That's because http://youtube.com/watch?v=jsVgi8hoFFc

Fenderplayer108
06-12-2008, 08:34 AM

Lol, I really didn't like that episode, that was the one they sang the entire time right?

Nanci
06-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Lol, I really didn't like that episode, that was the one they sang the entire time right?

Yeah- that was supposed to be some big deal, too. Some big-name choreographer. I didn't care for it, either, very much, but that song sticks in your head! I think I heard it here before I ever saw the episode. I love Scrubs.

Raiyne
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
:laugh:

Thanks for the link, that really made my morning!

kcaven
06-12-2008, 11:49 AM

Hahahahah! ROFLMAO!!!!:laugh01::laugh01::laugh01:

I nearly fell off my chair when I clicked on the link! That was great!

xxFrootLoopxx
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah, that was the musical episode... The woman they were treating had a huge aneurysm in her brain... which caused her to perceive that everyone around her was singing. It was... interesting.

Love that show, though. :D

SquamishSerpents
06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
hahaha great video clip! i never quite got into that show, but i was watching it the other day and i kinda like it, i just love zach braff ever since garden state.

but back to the topic at hand, the urates is what kind of assured me and made me believe it was poo, but the brown part kind of still looks like an semi-intact mouse.

TWGarland said it looks a bit weird, but do you guys think this is at all a cause for concern? i did end up feeding her two fuzzies, she's on the munson plan and weighs around 40 grams, so the munson plans says to feed her a fuzzy that is 7-9 grams, however the fuzzies i had only weighed 5 grams, after thawing, so a bunch of it was water weight. i fed her two and the weight of the meal was 10grams wet.

i'm just freakin out about my baby, worry or not to worry, that is the question...

Nanci
06-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't worry at all. Snakes' poo varies widely. Some do nice pretty formed black poos with a nice separate crumbly urate portion, and some poo things that look like brown skeins of yarn, and some poo things that look like a pile of fur. I'm sure Tom meant unusual, varying from the "perfect, typical" poo, but not weird as in alarming. But if you're going to lose sleep over it, take the next one to the vet and have him check it out! You can keep it in a ziplock in the fridge for a day or so.