PDA

View Full Version : Canon Rebel XT

Canon Rebel XT

tips
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM
what do you guys think of this camara.
is $265 with everything included a good price(the camara is used)
tx in advance

ArpeggioAngel
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
At that price and with it just being an XT I am guessing it is a film camera?
A Canon Rebel XTI would be digital and would be much pricier.

tips
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
no its digital

Stregone
06-16-2008, 04:25 PM
The XT was the predecessor to the XTi. That sounds like a good deal.

Stregone
06-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I looked around and it looks like you would be paying a little over a hundred bucks more for the body alone if you got it new. Where are you getting it from? I could use a backup camera :)

Weebonilass
06-16-2008, 07:55 PM
I looked around and it looks like you would be paying a little over a hundred bucks more for the body alone if you got it new. Where are you getting it from? I could use a backup camera :)

Of course, then you'll be paying a couple of hundred for the lens I love my XT and would buy it again in a second! And I paid more than that for mine... used.

vripley
06-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I love my XT and spent considerably more than that on a new one a couple of years ago. It is a very high quiality digital and SLR to boot. Buy it!

poppycorn
06-20-2008, 10:31 PM
My work camera is an XT. My personal camera is an XTi. The XTi has a system that eliminates dust on the sensor. The XT doesn't. There is dust on the sensor of the XT that ruins every photo. My friend also has an XT with dust on the sensor. It cost a lot to have the dust removed and it is going to come right back. I take my personal camera to work and only use the work camera in an emergency, I hate it so bad. My friend hates her XT for the same reason. It takes all the joy out of picture-taking to have every photo have globs of grey specks. Note: even the clone tool in photoshop doesn't help much on scales.

Stregone
06-20-2008, 11:03 PM
You can clean the sensor yourself. I forget how, its in the manual somewhere. There's a special mode for it that flips the mirror up and opens the shutter for you. My friend did it with his 5D which also doesn't have the anti-dust thing.

The Nothing
06-21-2008, 02:15 AM
that's standard pricing for a used XT now that the XSi has arrived.
Its a decent camera, i'd probably do it for a back up to my 20D

Weebonilass
06-21-2008, 10:34 AM
My work camera is an XT. My personal camera is an XTi. The XTi has a system that eliminates dust on the sensor. The XT doesn't. There is dust on the sensor of the XT that ruins every photo. My friend also has an XT with dust on the sensor. It cost a lot to have the dust removed and it is going to come right back. I take my personal camera to work and only use the work camera in an emergency, I hate it so bad. My friend hates her XT for the same reason. It takes all the joy out of picture-taking to have every photo have globs of grey specks. Note: even the clone tool in photoshop doesn't help much on scales.

No dust specks here

tips
06-22-2008, 07:56 PM

my friend was selling it..

thanks everyone for responding to this thread. i bought the camara but ended reselling it. im now going to try to buy a Nikon D70.

swiirlys
02-13-2009, 09:19 PM
wow you got a really good price for a digital rebel..
i got mine for just over a thousand, printer included...it's not even that wonderful:cry: