PDA

View Full Version : Help with pink colors

Help with pink colors

bekers71
06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Ok I am frustrated to no end! It took me forever to get pics of the snows where they turned out pretty close to right. But now I can't get the colors of my hatchlings right. Every time I take a pic no matter what the light or background it makes them look orange. They are actually pink, a soft pink with maybe a little orange accent. I tried them on white background and purple, bright light to over expose and almost complete darkness. I just can't capture it.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Oh and I use a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 Lumix 10x optical zoom 6mp. It has tons of features but I must be using the wrong ones to do pinks and reds. LOL

Tula_Montage
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Is the white balance set on auto?

bekers71
06-17-2008, 11:31 AM
After searching the camera for a minute I found what you were talking about and yes it is on auto. What should it be on?

Nanci
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm interested in this answer for Pepper, too. He always looks Dreamsiclish in pictures, when actually he looks pink to my eye.

Tula_Montage
06-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Try playing with all the white balance settings. I use cloudy most of the time, but change it according to how I want my pictures to look.

Tula_Montage
06-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh and you can try turning your flash intensity down. I find with point and shoot cameras that the flash just completely washed all real colour our when taking photographs of pink snakes.

bekers71
06-17-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm interested in this answer for Pepper, too. He always looks Dreamsiclish in pictures, when actually he looks pink to my eye.

Yea! That's the description I was looking for.

bekers71
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
OK Thanks Elle! I will work with some that when the other two shed and see how it goes. My husband bought me this camera while he was in Iraq and lost the book to it. It does great for kids and quick mini movies. But man it's hard for those pink and red colors.

Tula_Montage
06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Can you post pictures to illustate what you mean?

You could always just edit the photos in photoshop or something and change the colour balance to what it should be. But thats cheating ;)

I use a great wee program called photoscape at the moment whilst my desktop is dead. Using a laptop for processing pictures sucks, but Photoscape is fantastic. It's quick, easy and uses up hardly any memory functions. It would be ideal photo editing software for someone who didn't understand the complicated technical mess that is photoshop LOL.

bekers71
06-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I will resize one I took this morning and post it. It'll take me just a few min.

OK- See how he looks orange? That's not his color. He is more of a dark pink. The second half of his body is lighter than the first half.

This pic I kind of messed with a bit and got it a little close using a photo program. But my program is limited as to what I can do.

greatcornholio
06-17-2008, 12:36 PM
can you lower the saturation on your camera. I know I can on mine and that usually helps. Had the same problem with my snow. He was looking pink in the pictures. Turns out he's actually turning a pink color and it wasn't the camera's fault. Strangest thing. Was a eggshell white color when I got him. Now he's light pink.

Stregone
06-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Does your camera have a 'flash' white balance setting?