PDA

View Full Version : Part of shed left on head?

Part of shed left on head?

oryx_gazella
06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
When both of my snakes shed; everything goes ok and I check the eye caps are on the shed etc... however I have been noticing that on the top of my snakes head's there sometimes seems to be a little bit of skin sticking up :S
It's very tiny, but it's right in the middle, on top of their heads.

This has happened before on one of my older snakes, but sometimes it goes away....
I'm quite confused as to why both my snakes shed perfectly apart from this one thing.

Could it be the humidity in my viv? I spray their hides with water every couple of days and try to get the moss damp but not wet...

Any thoughts? As this is really baffeling me :S

WLReptile
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Try and remove it carefuly with ur fingers wet. Just always make sure that she shed from the tail is complitly removed that would be something to really be conserned with.

Coty
06-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Last night before I went to bed I held Malachai and held some damp paper towels because I thought that he looked like he was ready to shed soon. He crawled around my hands and cruised over and under the paper towels a bit before I put him in his tank for the night. When I woke up he had left a pretty much perfect shed.

When I woke up my hygrometer read 60% on the dot, what does yours read?