PDA

View Full Version : No poop

No poop

sarahle
06-22-2008, 09:48 AM
I feed cornflake for the first time on Wednesday evening and he still has not pooped. It looks like he has a bump still close to the end of this tail but the vent area. I am wondering if this is normal or should I be worried. Thanks for you help. :awcrap:

sarah

daneale777
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey Sarah. In my experience, all of my snakes seem to digest at a different rate, usually seeming to take longer when you pay too much attention to it. Ha ha. As long as your little Cornflake went to the warm end of his vivarium for a while after he ate, I wouldn't worry about it. And, depending on how much aspen (or what ever substrate you're using) that you have in there, you may not even see when he goes right away.
I like the name that you chose for him. It's very cute. When do we get to see pictures of your new little cereal man?:p

robcat
06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't be too worries about it, just make sure you clean his viv every month or so. Plus all the info you need about corns is on these forums so search around and im sure you'll find any answers you might have.

ps - hiya to all the MN people out there

daneale777
06-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't be too worries about it, just make sure you clean his viv every month or so. Plus all the info you need about corns is on these forums so search around and im sure you'll find any answers you might have.

ps - hiya to all the MN people out there

:-offtopicWow, another MN person? We must all just love snakes around here. How funny.

Stregone
06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
I've noticed my snake won't poop for a while if I don't have the time to handle her between feedings. When I handle her 2-3 days after feeding she usualy poops immediatly after I put her back. Otherwise she tends to poop not too long after her next meal.

sarahle
06-23-2008, 07:45 AM
He pooped!!!! I got up this morning and there was poop in his cage. Kind of sad that people get excited about snake poop. My husband was making fun of me cause I was happy about it.

robcat
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
haha - good find i guess :)

daneale777
06-23-2008, 09:54 AM
He pooped!!!! I got up this morning and there was poop in his cage. Kind of sad that people get excited about snake poop. My husband was making fun of me cause I was happy about it.

Just wait until you have children, Sarah. My daughter was laughing yesterday because when she was really tiny, I demanded (to her pediatrician) that she see an eye doctor immediately, because one of her eyes looked like it wasn't staying parallel with her other eye. They obliged, after much to do from me. There was nothing wrong with her. I now know that my (now ten year old) daughter has this strange and uncanny ability to keep one eye looking straight ahead, while the other one can turn towards her nose! She can also make her eyes "dance" while doing this!
Funny enough, worrying about things like this, that you will probably later laugh about, just makes you a better mommy; whether to children or snakes!