PDA

View Full Version : Spiders!

Spiders!

ButtersCorns4life
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey!, well I was feeding my snakes cage today, when I noticed 2 TINY spiders in the corner coming down the side. (When I say TINY, I mean they were about half a millimeter long, I dont think that they could even puncture human skin. . .) One was red, the other was a light tannish color.) Could these possibly hurt my snake?

What kinda worries me is that I am leaving for vacation tomorrow. I will be back on the 5th. Should I worry over the vacation? or can I relax?

tom e
06-30-2008, 12:28 AM
You sure they weren't mites? I can see a spider being in a snake cage, but don't know what they would be doing ON the snake..

PtDnsr
06-30-2008, 09:38 AM
If you're exceedingly worried Provent-A-Mite kills any little bugs...and I believe you can't use it on turantulas and the like because it will kill them too. Most likely they just want to hide in the aspen.

~Katie

Piper
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
My sister had a few HUNDRED baby spiders hatch in her room when she was a kid. Totally freaked her out, lol :devil01:

They were just tiny - ity - bity - little things. I had great fun teasing her about being afraid of millimeter sized spiders <-- I'm the evil sister, can ya tell? A dustbuster made short work of them before they migrated too far from the egg sack.

ButtersCorns4life
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Well I got back last night at about 1:00 AM. I looked around her cage and couldn't find the spiders. So I guess they were just there to hide.

I am positive they weren't mites, because They were big enough you could see the round abdomen, and the tiny little head, and the legs that were about as long as their body. Besides, aren't mites black?

tom e
07-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Yep if they were mites, they wouldn't have left on their own..

kimbyra
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Some mites are reddish/brown, though those were probably spiders like you thought.