PDA

View Full Version : Snake seems upset

Snake seems upset

LouiseB
07-09-2008, 07:28 AM
My corn is not usually very active during the day, but this morning when I got up I found her slithering round her tank as if she was trying to find a way out. She was craning her head into the corners and pushing herself against the glass at the front. She isn't hungry, as she didn't eat the mouse I gave her. Is she unhappy with her surroundings? Nothing about her viv has changed recently...

bitsy
07-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Could I ask how old is she, and when did she last shed?

LouiseB
07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
She's 11 months old and last shed 2 weeks ago. She never has any shedding problems and I'm pretty sure she's not blue yet.

snakewispera snr
07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
She's probably looking for a way out..... Ours do that....Push against things to see if they can move them.....

LouiseB
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah... but it's not normal behaviour for her, she's usually very placid and laid-back. I'm worried tha there's something more serious underlying this behaviour.

Corny Noob
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Well have you checked your tempatures recently?

I'm just more inclined to think that your snake is finally growing out of having to hide 24/7.

snakewispera snr
07-09-2008, 09:14 AM
I'd bet it's just looking for a way out.... It's comfortable in it's surroundings so it's just exploring......Lots of ours do it......

LouiseB
07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Well have you checked your tempatures recently?

I'm just more inclined to think that your snake is finally growing out of having to hide 24/7.

Her temperature is 80F at the hot end. That's OK, isn't it?
I didn't realise they were supposed to grow out of hiding - should she have done this sooner?

Weebonilass
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Her temperature is 80F at the hot end. That's OK, isn't it?
I didn't realise they were supposed to grow out of hiding - should she have done this sooner?

Some grow out of it and some don't. At this point in time I'm guessing that you are worried for no reason. When did she last eat and when was her last refusal? Active snakes are normally not ill :)

Corny Noob
07-09-2008, 05:30 PM
All 4 of my snakes eventually became more adventurous, there was no set age it just happened. But of course like Ginger said not all snakes are like that.
But just as long as everything within your control is fine, and the snake is eatting and appears to be healthy, then I'd say just enjoy seeing your snake more :D

v_various
07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
You're snake is fine, mine actually switches behaviors randomly - sometimes he's looking for escape for weeks, other times I'll barely see him for a month. As long as your husbandry is fine, and there are no other issues, there is no need to worry.